It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Bug bite

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
    Traveler1234
    (female)

Traveler1234 HB User
    Bug bite

So first of all this is in my belly button.

I stayed in an Airbnb over New Years and I woke up with several bites on my left left.

I noticed Saturday night at work that my belly button was sore, but thought nothing of it. Last night I woke up and I ended up scratching my belly button and then got something on my finger, took a look and noticed a lot of brown/green flaky gunk and I immediately knew something wasnít right that there is some sort of infection.

I went to a walk in clinic and they werenít too sure and prescribed me with antibiotic cream and some pills but told me to try the cream first.

To me it looks awfully like something is in it. It is freaking me out!!! I wanted to see if anyone could help because I canít find anything on Google similar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2020, 01:51 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Bug bite

I have never heard of a bug bite which results in an infection this quickly in the belly button of all places. Do you have any other signs of bites such as red marks or areas of inflammation? Could it be bed bugs?

Bites do not generally cause infection unless you scratched yourself raw and then somehow infected yourself from some other way...

Did they give you a cortisone cream to stop the itching or an antibiotic cream>? I would follow up with a regular doctor and let them run some blood work to see if you have an infection or if you simply found scabbing from scratching.

Reply Reply