It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Nummular Eczema?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-17-2021, 07:15 PM   #1
    ECady
    (female)

ECady HB User
    Nummular Eczema?

Has anyone been diagnosed with nummular dermatitis? I have coin sized lesions all over my left arm and leg? Can you tell me about your experience with it please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2021, 01:58 PM   #2
    esker
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User
    Re: Nummular Eczema?

I have been diagnosed with nummular eczema. It's also called discoid eczema. The doctor prescribed a cream that was effective. There are new prescription drugs on the market if your case is severe. Over the counter lotions with colloidal oatmeal work as well for me. Over time, I learned to recognize the itching that preceded an outbreak. Prompt use of the lotion would stop it. I am mostly symptom free. Try not to scratch. The rash gets worse if you scratch.

It helps to maintain humidity in the house during the winter. Go easy on baths and showers. Not too often, not too hot and not too long.

The condition is genetic. It's not contagious. There are different kinds of eczema. Nummular eczema is the less common form. My brother has the type on the back. My sister, unfortunately, has the kind that affects the face.

Old 05-23-2021, 09:03 PM   #3
    ECady
    (female)

ECady HB User

Thank you for sharing your experience. Seems an odd thing for me to develop at 75!!!

Old 11-07-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
    sue404
    (female)

sue404 HB User

I find so little on this condition. I had a lot of stress this week and the same 4 spots broke out. They are not raised or oozing like some descriptions I see. They are just beet red circles that itch. I have gotten this over the years and use triamcinolone. How long do your spots last? they usually fade but I have had these staying so red now for 3 days.

Old 11-07-2021, 08:01 AM   #5
    esker
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

I remember the spots lasting a long time. That's why I am so careful to notice the itching that precedes their appearance. I rarely develop the spots anymore because I am so alert to their development under the skin. I can stop them with the lotion before they appear.

Reply Reply