It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Discontinued steroid and supplements. Still getting rash

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-07-2021, 09:57 PM   #1
    kevinla
    Veteran
    (male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User
    Discontinued steroid and supplements. Still getting rash

I took prednisone for one day 9 days ago after having a overreactive immune system from a COVID-19 vaccine. I had the vaccine on March 16th. The day after taking the prednisone I got a rash. I stopped taking it and called my doctor. Doc said it was not an allergic reaction and instead a side effect. Told me to take Zyrtec with it. I decided to put the steroid on hold.

Took a curcumin supplement with BioPerine the next four days. I had been taking it two weeks before steroid. Rash again. Did not have a rash previously taking supplement. BioPerine is a pepper extract that can cause a rash.

I discontinued the curcumin four days ago and got a rash today. I do not know the rash is from the steroid or supplement. I want to continue taking the steroid but not certain I am not having an allergic reaction. Do I go to a dermatologist? Can they test to find out wht is causing this reaction?

How unusual is it to have a rash days after discontinuing a supplement or med? Could the rash be from vaccine? I had not had a rash previously after taking the vaccine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply