It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Skin tags, removing them at home

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2003, 10:52 PM   #1
    Jasmine21

Jasmine21 HB User
    Question Skin tags, removing them at home

I have a skin tag on my stomache and it's been bothering me for some time now.
    I've heard some people say that they remove them themselves by cutting them
    off or tying a string to them and letting them fall off on their own.
    So I tied a string on it a couple of days ago and now it looks big and red like it's
    full of blood or fluids or something. I can't go to the doctor because I don't
    have any insurance.
    I was wondering if maybe I should wait and see if it falls off in a day or two
    or if I should take some scissors and cut it off?????
    Please help, I'm a little worried!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2003, 04:23 AM   #2
    pandagirl

pandagirl HB User
    If you are worried then seek proper medical advice.

If not I snipped mine off with a pair of nail clippers. It was v.v.small but it bled like crazy, so be prepared. Felt good to get rid of it though.

If you do get rid of it, make sure that you keep it really clean as you don't want it getting infected.

Last edited by pandagirl; 11-15-2003 at 04:23 AM.

Old 11-15-2003, 09:26 PM   #3
    libragrrrl

libragrrrl HB User
    are you absolutely sure that it is a skin tag? i used dental floss to tie off a skin tag on my husband's underarm and within a couple of days, it turned bluish black, and we were able to just pull it off with no problem. you need to completely cut off the blood supply to it so it dies. the way you describe it though, it does sound a little scary. i would definitely seek medical attention...somehow.

Old 11-17-2003, 05:54 PM   #4
    RebelRocker

RebelRocker HB User
    [QUOTE=libragrrrl]are you absolutely sure that it is a skin tag? i used dental floss to tie off a skin tag on my husband's underarm and within a couple of days, it turned bluish black, and we were able to just pull it off with no problem. you need to completely cut off the blood supply to it so it dies. the way you describe it though, it does sound a little scary. i would definitely seek medical attention...somehow.[/QUOTE]

My dad has a lot of skin tags, and he just removes them by hand.

How about these little red dots. My dad calls them "head lights" but they look like bright red raised dots. I have a couple on my chest... i suppose the only way to remove them would be laser survey, which isn't my bag of potatos.

Old 11-17-2003, 08:38 PM   #5
    Jasmine21

Jasmine21 HB User
    What I have is definently a skin tag. I think when I tied thread around it I must
    not of tied it tight enough. A day or two ago it turned black and I cut it off with
    some scissors. The skin tag now looks like a small bump. I'm hoping it will
    dissapear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Jazz

Old 11-18-2003, 05:35 AM   #6
    Lochnessie

Lochnessie HB User
    I had one of those on my eyelid when I was a little girl. It interfered with my eyesight, so I got it removed by a dr.

Old 06-28-2005, 11:19 PM   #7
    Denise98
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Denise98 HB User
    Re: Skin tags, removing them at home

I am plagued with skin tags ever since I was a teen my mom would make me go to the dermatologist to have them removed and he would just snip them off and send them away to be examined.. As I got older I decided Im not paying him for a painless little thing I can do at home so I just get manicure scissors make sure there clean and snip it off you have to get really close so you dont have that small bump left over like you said.. let it heal a little and see if you can get a closer snip its nothing to worry about..

Old 07-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #8
    orangecrate
    Inactive
    (female)

orangecrate HB User

My Dr. said once that if you have a lot of skin tags be sure to keep a check on your colon for polyps. I guess they are not serious but should be removed too.

Old 08-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #9
    aerdna
    (female)

aerdna HB User

Man, I had one next to my eyebrow. God it was ugly. It got bigger, and bigger, until it just simply.. fell off.

Closed Thread