It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• painful cracking skin on palms of hands...help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2003, 07:22 AM   #1
    Babs66

Babs66 HB User
    painful cracking skin on palms of hands...help

Hi, my boyfriend has what looks to be like athletes foot on the palm of both his hands. It feels VERY rough and is painful at times. He also has severe athletes foot which he can't seem to get rid of.

Could it have transferred from his feet to his hands? He's always scratching at them. Any advice on ointments that might cure it? We've tried the fungal sprays. I just saw a commercial on "Blue Star Ointment". Might that help?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

Babs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 11:23 AM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: painful cracking skin on palms of hands...help

[QUOTE=Babs66]Hi, my boyfriend has what looks to be like athletes foot on the palm of both his hands. It feels VERY rough and is painful at times. He also has severe athletes foot which he can't seem to get rid of.

Could it have transferred from his feet to his hands? He's always scratching at them. Any advice on ointments that might cure it? We've tried the fungal sprays. I just saw a commercial on "Blue Star Ointment". Might that help?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

Babs[/QUOTE]

My husband uses the Blue Star Ointment and it does work - as long as he is religeous in his routine of application. Once in the morning and once at night with reapplication after washing his hands during the day. At night after he applies it, have him cover his hands with white cotton gloves. It will help keep the ointment from getting into his eyes during the night if he touches his face.

Old 12-04-2003, 06:55 AM   #3
    Babs66

Babs66 HB User
    Re: painful cracking skin on palms of hands...help

[QUOTE=Marti]My husband uses the Blue Star Ointment and it does work - as long as he is religeous in his routine of application. Once in the morning and once at night with reapplication after washing his hands during the day. At night after he applies it, have him cover his hands with white cotton gloves. It will help keep the ointment from getting into his eyes during the night if he touches his face.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info I already got the goods!

Closed Thread