It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Trying again, Marti--does anyone know?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2003, 09:49 PM   #1
    jdist

jdist HB User
    Trying again, Marti--does anyone know?

Hi,

My previous post in November went unanswered so I thought I'd try again, as I'm gettin worse.

I'm in a quandry, and it seems to get worse every week. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and legs, terrible dry skin that nothing seems to help, and over a period of the last year, have developed patches of eczema on my hands and arms that seem to be spreading. The only relief I get is from a steroidal cream, but God only knows what this is doing to my skin over the long haul, and it only works temporarily.

My question is aimed toward Marti, but anyone else who could suggest something, please do. Marti, I've heard that jojoba oil mixed with vitamin e (in previous posts) can help these kinds of problems. If so, what would be the mixture or application amount specifically for KP or excema? Is there a specific routine that seems to work? What about dietary supplements?

Any information that anyone can give me is so very appreciated. I'm really uncomfortable.

Thanks so much.

Jamie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 05:29 AM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: Trying again, Marti--does anyone know?

[QUOTE=jdist]Hi,

My previous post in November went unanswered so I thought I'd try again, as I'm gettin worse.

I'm in a quandry, and it seems to get worse every week. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and legs, terrible dry skin that nothing seems to help, and over a period of the last year, have developed patches of eczema on my hands and arms that seem to be spreading. The only relief I get is from a steroidal cream, but God only knows what this is doing to my skin over the long haul, and it only works temporarily.

My question is aimed toward Marti, but anyone else who could suggest something, please do. Marti, I've heard that jojoba oil mixed with vitamin e (in previous posts) can help these kinds of problems. If so, what would be the mixture or application amount specifically for KP or excema? Is there a specific routine that seems to work? What about dietary supplements?

Any information that anyone can give me is so very appreciated. I'm really uncomfortable.

Thanks so much.

Jamie[/QUOTE]

Mix:

4oz Jojoba OIl
    1oz. Vitamin E
    1 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
    1oz. Rice Bran Oil or Safflower Oil

Apply just enough to your skin that it will absorb withn about 10 minutes. It is best to apply right after you have dried off from your shower. Apply to your hands during the day as needed. When you have a 'breakout' of exzema, you should also apply your steroidal cream after the oil mixture has absorbed.

As for the other problem: I get a few of those on the backs of my arms from time to time. I simply use bath mitts when I bathe, really scrub those areas, then apply the oil mixture. Obviously, you do not want to scrub until your skin is sore or bleeding When the spots dry out, I use a pair of tweezers to remove the excess skin cells, then apply oil again. Mine only come during the summer - strange.

Old 12-16-2003, 08:06 AM   #3
    jdist

jdist HB User
    Smile Re: Trying again, Marti--does anyone know?

Marti,

Thank you so much!!!! I'm heading out today to buy all the ingredients. You're a godsend!

Jamie

Closed Thread