It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Human parvovirus B19

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
    dandydeal

dandydeal HB User
    Human parvovirus B19

hello i just discovered some kind of rash on my forearm today and i looked up everything that i could about it and the closest thing i've come too was Human parvovirus B19, also refered to as fifth disease. it looks like a line of islands on my arm and it's not itchy or popping out or anything it's like it was drawn on. and i have a cold that i got from my 3 year old twin cousins and they also had rashes on their faces so i'm hoping that this is all it is. it also said that in adults joint swelling occurs. well i was playing the drums the other day and when i got up my knees were killing me but that's never happened before, so i'm guessing it's from that, but i don't know.anyway do any of you think that this is what it is from what i've told you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
    HvnsAngel
    (female)

HvnsAngel HB User
    Re: Human parvovirus B19

Wondering how you are feeling and if you were tested for Parvo. I had it and gave it to my son and my husband. My husband has been suffering for awhile with it.

Take care

Old 07-12-2004, 06:01 AM   #3
    rebe

rebe HB User

Hello,
    Was just wondering how long your hubby suffered with human parvovirus. I have had it for six months...it is a very debilitating disease, with not much relief. Six short months ago I was walking six miles a day, I currently walk none because of the incredible joint pain. I want to know how long this lasts.

Old 07-12-2004, 03:26 PM   #4
    HvnsAngel
    (female)

HvnsAngel HB User

Hi:

June was 1 year that he has had it. He is on a couple different meds and goes back next month for xrays of his knees. It has been about 2 months now that the rest of his joints finally have no pain, only his knees. He is a firefighter and when this first hit him he missed about 3 months of work. A lot of drs are not aware of how bad this disease is. I know I can not post web sites on here but if you do a search for miranda mission you will find a lot of info. It is a site named after a little girl that passed from it. I will say a prayer that yours gets better soon.

Denise

Old 07-14-2004, 06:52 AM   #5
    rebe

rebe HB User

[QUOTE=HvnsAngel]Wondering how you are feeling and if you were tested for Parvo. I had it and gave it to my son and my husband. My husband has been suffering for awhile with it.

Take care[/QUOTE]
    How long has your husband had this virus? I have it as well and wondering when it will go away

Old 07-14-2004, 06:59 AM   #6
    rebe

rebe HB User

[QUOTE=HvnsAngel]Hi:

June was 1 year that he has had it. He is on a couple different meds and goes back next month for xrays of his knees. It has been about 2 months now that the rest of his joints finally have no pain, only his knees. He is a firefighter and when this first hit him he missed about 3 months of work. A lot of drs are not aware of how bad this disease is. I know I can not post web sites on here but if you do a search for miranda mission you will find a lot of info. It is a site named after a little girl that passed from it. I will say a prayer that yours gets better soon.

Denise[/QUOTE]
    Denise....
    Thank you so much for responding..this is my first time here. I have been looking for all kinds of info, some good, some bad. I will check with what you gave me. I can tell you I have had this since last December. Every joint in my body hurts. I am frustrated. The only treatment is advil.. and prednizone which i take if i have to make a trip longer than thirty minutes.
    Thanks also for the prayers Denise.
    Rebe

Closed Thread