It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Covering up Stretch Marks ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2004, 12:13 AM   #1
    Makkankosappo

Covering up Stretch Marks ?

I'm a 20 yr old male. I lift weights and over the years, I've developed some nasty stretchmarks on my chest and biceps. I've tried products like dermablend and covermark, but those things didn't do jack squat.
    I couldn't care less about actually getting rid of them, but I would love to be able to cover them up with something. I've tried self tanners, but because stretch marks are dead cells, they never changed color. So, as you can imagine, self tanners only make the stretch marks more clear since my skin is darkened but the scars remain white.
    Does anyone know whether Self Tanners with BRONZERS help at all?
    These stretch marks are embarassing, but I understand a lot of people have them and they never go away. Covering them up sounds simple, but geez, I haven't found anything yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #2
    PuddleofMudd

PuddleofMudd HB User
    Re: Covering up Stretch Marks ?

[QUOTE=Makkankosappo]I'm a 20 yr old male. I lift weights and over the years, I've developed some nasty stretchmarks on my chest and biceps. I've tried products like dermablend and covermark, but those things didn't do jack squat.
    I couldn't care less about actually getting rid of them, but I would love to be able to cover them up with something. I've tried self tanners, but because stretch marks are dead cells, they never changed color. So, as you can imagine, self tanners only make the stretch marks more clear since my skin is darkened but the scars remain white.
    Does anyone know whether Self Tanners with BRONZERS help at all?
    These stretch marks are embarassing, but I understand a lot of people have them and they never go away. Covering them up sounds simple, but geez, I haven't found anything yet.[/QUOTE]

Hello...I work out, too, and have developed some stretch marks...I used strivectin-sd and it has helped a bit...It's expensive, but it repairs damaged skin. Stretch marks CAN go away...just takes a hell of a long time...I may look into microdermabrasion to get rid of them. (this process exfoliates deeply and causes new skin to emerge, hence getting rid of stretch marks)..The MDB is expensive, too.... it's like 120 bucks a treatment...maybe 6-10 treatments will work...Hope this helped!

Last edited by PuddleofMudd; 01-29-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Closed Thread