It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• scarring following veinwave and laser treatment for thread veins

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2004, 08:33 AM   #1
    splodge2001

splodge2001 HB User
    scarring following veinwave and laser treatment for thread veins

Here's a skin disaster!
    September 2003 I started having a veinwave (electroylsis-like) treatment to get rid of spider veins on my face. I had three treatments in total and by the second I thought I could see pitted marks where the needle had pierced my skin. i carried on thinking that I was imagining things as the needle had been so fine. the beautician who performed the treatment of course denied the procedure could have caused any scarring. After the 3rd treatment I decided to never return but was left with very angry looking thread veins and red pitted scars. This depressed me so much I sought an alternative so I went to a laser clinic. My skin was still red in patches but the beautician performed a laser treatment to clear the rest of the thread veins - this was exactly 1 month ago. I had many scabs which large in size. I was told that the sourrounding skin would not be harmed but it obviously was. I think what had happened was that as my skin was red in patches at the point of treatment the laser (which was set to be absorbed by red veins) acted on the sourrounding tissue.

so, now I have red veins - still many, and red pitted scars from the two treatments. can anyone tell me how long these scars take to settle and if its likely that they may fill out a bit more? Im using rosehip seed oil massaged twice per day and vitamin K cream - will these help. also is it worthwhile having any more treatments like IPL of microdermabrasion to get rid of what i have left - scars and veins. more than the veins I'm scared of being left with ugly pitted scars.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
    ChantelleR
    (female)

ChantelleR HB User
    Re: scarring following veinwave and laser treatment for thread veins

Hi,

I have been thinking of proceeding with veinwave treatment to remove a few small red thread veins that I have in my nostrils. I've never had any form of treatment as the problem only arose over the past couple of years and I am terrified of making the situation worse. Having searched long and hard for any press on veinwave yours was the only negative feedback that I've come across so I'd really appreciate it if you could help with a few thoughts that spring to mind when reading your comments.

- Have you heard of this happening to anyone else?
    - Do you think that the beautician that you saw could have carried out the treatment incorrectly or been inexperienced?
    - I was thinking of going to the founder of Veinwave Dr Brian Newman (thinking he'd be the most experienced) have you heard of any similar, negative results through him?

I really appreciate you sharing your experience and hope that some of the redness and scarring has healed over the past couple of years.

Thanks.

Last edited by ChantelleR; 09-15-2006 at 09:16 AM.

Closed Thread