It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• dark cirlces under eyes??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
    tallgirl
    (female)

tallgirl HB User
    dark cirlces under eyes??

ok i am only 14 and i get plenty of sleep.... why do i have dark circles under my eyes?? does anyone know how to get rid of them... i dont do drugs or anything like that so that cant be it..... is there anything i can do to help them.... im tired of always using consealor..... is there like a face mask that can get rid of them or cucumbers? do they work? if so what do i do just cut them and put them on my eyes??? does anyone have any ideas that might work?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
    Mommyof4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommyof4 HB User
    Re: dark cirlces under eyes??

The most common cause for dark circles in children are what's called "Allergic Shiners"... It's a very common symptom of allergies. They usually don't go away unless the sinus pressure and symptoms are dealt with. Just a thought

Old 03-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #3
    Katyana
    Veteran
    (female)

Katyana HB User

Does your mom or any of your relatives have dark circles under their eyes? Are your eyes deeply set? Are you underweight, or really thin? All of those things will cause you to have circles under your eyes. Nothing you can really do about it other than to cover them up with a camoflage cream in a bluish tone in order to reflect the light away from the area. Basically they are a cream-like coverup that you apply underneathe your usual foundation.

[QUOTE=tallgirl]ok i am only 14 and i get plenty of sleep.... why do i have dark circles under my eyes?? does anyone know how to get rid of them... i dont do drugs or anything like that so that cant be it..... is there anything i can do to help them.... im tired of always using consealor..... is there like a face mask that can get rid of them or cucumbers? do they work? if so what do i do just cut them and put them on my eyes??? does anyone have any ideas that might work?[/QUOTE]

Old 03-26-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
    strbay

strbay HB User

[QUOTE=tallgirl]ok i am only 14 and i get plenty of sleep.... why do i have dark circles under my eyes?? does anyone know how to get rid of them... i dont do drugs or anything like that so that cant be it..... is there anything i can do to help them.... im tired of always using consealor..... is there like a face mask that can get rid of them or cucumbers? do they work? if so what do i do just cut them and put them on my eyes??? does anyone have any ideas that might work?[/QUOTE]

I have a 14 year old son.... Actually I have three sons with allergies and I would agree with a previous post..."The most common cause for dark circles in children are what's called "Allergic Shiners"... I can tell when my one son's asthma/allergies are kicking up because of those dark circles. Another thing in children which can cause those dark circles are what I refer to as "Toxic shiners". Sometimes kids don't take time to have a bowel movement each day. Some kids will go for 3 or 4 days since they don't "feel" like they have to go. My youngest gets very dark circles under his eyes if he doesn't go on a regular basis.

Still another thing that contribute to those dark circles is dehydration.... It is really important to drink enough water...

The good news is.... they haven't been permanent for my boys and I'm sure they won't be for you. Do try to find the source of those shiners though before covering them up. Best Wishes!

Closed Thread