It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Keratosis Pilaris and Afirm 3x

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
    help me

help me HB User
    Angry Keratosis Pilaris and Afirm 3x

Hello!

I am Hoping that some one could help me out? I have a widespread case of Keratosis pilaris, I have been using Afirm 3x for about 3 months. Anyways I was wondering if anyone else has used this on keratosis pilaris and for how long and when they saw results if any at all. I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME!!!!

THANKS!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2004, 10:18 PM   #2
    OrbOfConfusion

OrbOfConfusion HB User
    Re: Keratosis Pilaris and Afirm 3x

Hey there "help me",

My daughter and I both have keratosis pilaris. The only stuff I've tried is different lotions... nothing prescription. So I can't help you on the afirm stuff. Though please let me know if you see any results.

All I have ever heard is that nothing can really get rid of those bumps. And anything that I have ever used didn't work. So I just kinda gave up.

Take care,
    Melissa

Old 04-07-2004, 12:37 AM   #3
    help me

help me HB User

Hi Orbofconfusion,

I have heard that too that it's not cure-able but they also say it is treat-able. I have also tried a lot of different lotions and different things like using a buf-puf, but nothing has helped me yet! So I just hope that i find something really soon that works, so I could treat it so I could at least decide if I want to have Keratosis pilaris, or if i could reduce the amount so it is not so noticeable. Afirm 3x is not a prescription though. I found it at a website that sells skin products, I am not going to post it though because I am not sure if I can post a link to it or not. I guess if mine was not so widespread and just on my upper arms, or something like that I probably would give up just like you did. So far I have not seen any dramatic results but if I do I will post it.

Old 04-07-2004, 12:46 AM   #4
    HeyThere
    Veteran

HeyThere HB User

3 generations of it. I notice when my daughter eats any dairy they come up. She is four. I had her off milk for two years and they had flatened but she has a need for cheese grilled cheese and ice cream (from dad) and they are reappearing.

I get them when I eat cheese - I am really allergic to dairy now it is not lactose intolerance either it makes me produce a lot of histamine and phlegm maybe it is the vitamin A in the dairy products.

people with pilaris keratosis body has a hard time metabolizing vitamin A, some liver deal. anyway back 15 years ago my sis got a prescrip for retin-a ( vitamin a in high dose appliedtransdermally. you can't go out in the sun and it can cause birth defects. and you cant use it long term.

Stay away from dairy products and get a nail brush and use it on those upper arm bumps while you are in the shower.

Old 04-07-2004, 01:34 PM   #5
    help me

help me HB User

orbofconfusion,

Hey, I Love Grilled Cheese sandwiches. I don't know about the dairy making mine worse because I had them all the time when I was about your daughter's age and back then I did not have keratosis pilaris. Mine showed up all of a sudden about the age of 12 or 13 now i am 22 and it has just gotten worse during those years and spread. I hope you and your daughter find a way to clear it up.

Closed Thread