It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Ingrown body hair?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2004, 10:00 AM   #1
    Hannahtwo

Hannahtwo HB User
    Ingrown body hair?

I know that is gross. But has anyone ever had a hair from you legs from shaving, grow back into a follicle? Sometimes I have to take tweezers and literally dig-out the hair and pluck it off my leg. Does anybody know what causes this?

And years ago I tried shaving my forearms, big mistake. When it grew back it was thicker and I had an ingrown hair from it, which caused a cyst and left a scar. I only have my arms waxed now. But I thought I'd warn girls not to do that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 12:51 PM   #2
    bggmm

bggmm HB User
    Re: Ingrown body hair?

Hannahtwo - It's not gross to me :-D A friend had lazer hair removal from her bikini line this past year. It removed all the hair, but she was left with lots of ingrown hairs. Her Doc had her take an [U]anti-biotic[/U], plus apply [U]Accutane [/U] on them for a while. It worked; all ingrowns are gone. As to the cause...I was told tweezing and or shaving in the opposite direction of the hair causes some hairs to become ingrown. But, for me, the hair doesn't get removed if I don't shave in the opposite direction in certain areas. I get them under my brows, too, because the skin there began to thicken and cover the hairs- Ugh!

How often do you need to have your arms waxed? What length is needed before the waxing removes it? When I was a kid I shaved my arms, for no particular reason. That was the first and last time...I bleach it a few times a year now and it has a clean appearance--better than having black arm hair

Good Luck

[QUOTE=Hannahtwo]I know that is gross. But has anyone ever had a hair from you legs from shaving, grow back into a follicle? Sometimes I have to take tweezers and literally dig-out the hair and pluck it off my leg. Does anybody know what causes this?

And years ago I tried shaving my forearms, big mistake. When it grew back it was thicker and I had an ingrown hair from it, which caused a cyst and left a scar. I only have my arms waxed now. But I thought I'd warn girls not to do that.[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread