It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Rash, Welts - Extremely itchy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2004, 11:42 AM   #1
    dgh
    (male)

dgh HB User
    Unhappy Rash, Welts - Extremely itchy

Recently within the last two weeks with what I originally thought to be an allergic reaction to something, seems to be something else. My routine as far as food, detergent and so on has not changed in any way, which leads me to believe it could bacterial, a parasite or some kind of disease.
    I have from my waste down severe itching, my legs and buttocks exhibit welts, rashes and some bruising associated with it. The areas of my lower torso that are affected with rash, appear like small red bumps. The welts are only on my buttocks, they are all different sizes and they won't go away. My legs don't exhibit much of anything actually with the exception of scaly type skin and marks from me scratching intensly. I have tried benedryl and creams with cortizone to no avail. This has become a nightmare !!!

Can anyone help me with this?? I currently do not have medical due to a career change and cannot afford any medical bills right now.
    Any and all feedback will be appreciated. Thanking in advance...

What to do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 03:27 PM   #2
    ahimsa
    (female)

ahimsa HB User
    Re: Rash, Welts - Extremely itchy

You might try posting on the Allergy board. Your symptoms seem like hives or at least hive-like.

I would advise you to see a Dr., but you noted that you don't have insurance. That's a bummer, sorry.... You might try taking some Benedryl, if you can stand it (or other OTC antihistamine). I would give it several days and see if it helps. Most topical creams don't work well on hives, if that's what you have.

Good luck,
    Kristi

Closed Thread