It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• No more moles!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
    justinluck
    (male)

justinluck HB User
    No more moles!

[B]{removed}[/B]

I just want to say thank you to who ever recommended the garlic method. I had been using the castor oil / baking soda method for weeks with no success. But the garlic method has worked on the first try!! I am going to start taking some before and after pics to record my progress. [B]{removed}[/B]

Justin

[B]{Read posting rules-do not discuss moderating issues ont he boards,and do not ask other members to break the rules-No off board contact.}[/B]

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 01-23-2005 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Read posting rules.

The Following User Says Thank You to justinluck For This Useful Post:
    joyo (06-28-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #2
    onewish

onewish HB User
    Re: No more moles!

That's great news justinluck! Can you please explain the process you went through in more detail, including how you applyed the garlic, how long you wore it for (during each session, and for how many days), what the mole looked like during the process, and finally how it looks now that it's fallen off. I think it helps to share as much information as possible so others know what to expect. I personally have given up on the bloodroot salve I was trying (because it wasn't working), and just bought a fresh batch of garlic this evening. I hope the garlic will result in less of a scar - or at least not as red as my WMV'd moles.

Old 01-23-2005, 06:32 PM   #3
    yerton

yerton HB User

Hey, I guess this is the new mole removal thread, lol. I'd be very interested, justinluck, to hear how you did it as well. In my opinion, garlic is the way to remove moles...it's just how to do it to get the best results is what we need to figure out.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:36 PM   #4
    kerry1
    Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I was surfing around today and found something about scars. It said all those creams don't work very well. Vitamin E can actually interfere with healing. The best thing for scars is the silicone patches. I've found that to be true, personally. It flattens them [U]and[/U] fades them.

Last edited by kerry1; 01-24-2005 at 10:47 PM.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
    yerton

yerton HB User

I'm going to start with garlic method tonight. So you put it for an hour and then take it off? Sounds easy.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
    Zekixx
    (male)

Zekixx HB User

Hi all!

I tried the garlic on one of my moles after the baking soda/castor oil fails... and I have to agree, garlic is DEAD more effective.

It does bubbles up the skin a bit, but I can already feel the effect 1 day after I used it.

More updates on this later from me

Old 01-24-2005, 07:24 PM   #7
    onewish

onewish HB User

Blazer, I left the garlic on for about 2 hours, then removed it, but left the band-aid with all the garlic juices on for the rest of the day. I'm not sure how well this is going to work, but it's what I'm trying. I'd like to hear from Kay and whoever else has had success with garlic to share their experiences and techniques.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:07 PM   #8
    yerton

yerton HB User

[QUOTE=onewish] I'd like to hear from Kay and whoever else has had success with garlic to share their experiences and techniques.[/QUOTE]

Me too. We need to help each other out, lol. From all I've read on these forums (and as you know there's A LOT to read), it seems pretty silly to be trying anything other than garlic at this point. Considering everything about garlic compared to the other methods...garlic is cheap, easy to get, quick, and leaves no scar and barely any scar. Like I said, we just need to find the correct way to apply it for it to be the most effective.

I hope others share their experiences!

Old 01-25-2005, 03:14 AM   #9
    IX10N
    (male)

IX10N HB User

I hope we can keep this thread as small as possible so we can make it more easy to read for people that are interested in it.

What I like to do is to chop a small piece of garlic up (perhaps 1 cm wide) by just cutting little slots in it, trying to expose all the juices, but not actually seperating the garlic (not chopping the whole way through it). I then like to put a band-aid over it, as it is much quicker, although a fair bit more irritating than just rubbing garlic juice on the mole. I'm sure there would be a way to put a band aid on and prevent wide-spread blistering, like maybe place the garlic on the mole and then put a small bit of plastic over it, then put the band-aid on top of that.... but eh, I'm being a wuss, just do it with the band-aid.

Also I'm not sure that grazing the mole before you put garlic on it is effective... if you dont like the thought of inflicting pain upon yourself, dont do it, it's not necessary and it wont shorten the time it takes to get rid of the mole by very much, if at all.

I find that renewing the garlic either at around 5:00 and then before you go to bed, or before you go to bed and then when you wake up, is most effective, it all depends what is most convenient to you, and if you are worried about the smell.

Good luck everyone! Damn i wish i knew this stuff years ago. I'm a self-conscious son of a *****.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:10 PM   #10
    Zekixx
    (male)

Zekixx HB User

Did it leave a dark mark on your skin after one day of application? My skin turn brown after using it for two days, still waiting for the mole to drop off

Old 01-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #11
    IX10N
    (male)

IX10N HB User

im not quite sure what you mean when you say that it left a brown mark.
    The mole shouldnt really be expected to "drop off" unless you do the process very slowly and it dries out because of all the blistering. I think the mole generally disappears under the blisters in scab-form.

If by the brown mark, you meant that the top layer of the mole is gone and now you have a dark, almost black spot, then keep putting garlic on that.

Has anyone already pointed out the irony in the fact that garlic is used to reppel underground moles in gardens, and it also kills moles on the skin... i just find that amusing.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:01 AM   #12
    yerton

yerton HB User

I read in the other thread about garlic oil also being used as a method of removal. Wouldn't just putting a tiny bit of garlic oil over the mole an hour or two a day be a lot easier? And with oil, you could just dip a Q-Tip in the oil and apply it the mole...so that would eliminate your hands from getting the garlic scent.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:43 AM   #13
    onewish

onewish HB User

Blazer, I remember reading somewhere that garlic oil is so concentrated, that it will burn your skin. It might get rid of your mole faster, and might be easier to do, but I wonder what kind of scar would result from it? But hey, it's at least worth a try. Maybe on an out-of-the way mole that you wouldn't mind a bad scar on.

As for me, I didn't see much change to my garlic'd moles after two days, so I decided to change my routine. I've decided to cut up a fresh piece of garlic at night before bed, rub it on my skin for a good minute, secure the piece of garlic in place with a band-aid, then go to sleep with it on. This will give me at least 8 hours of uninterrupted mole killing garlic time. Best of all, I don't have to mind the smell because I'm unconscious! Then in the morning I remove the band-aid and garlic before I shower.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:18 PM   #14
    Zekixx
    (male)

Zekixx HB User

Okay a ltitle update, apparently the garlic not only kill the mole, but it also kills the surrounding skins, that results in the whole brown layer of skin to peel off along with the mole. What I did is I cut off a piece of garlic and stick it on to the mole with a bandaid, which results in an over concentration.

I wonder how long it will take the scar to heal now.

Old 01-27-2005, 05:20 PM   #15
    Gutter9
    (male)

Gutter9 HB User

Does the garlic method work on large raised moles (about pencil eraser size)?also would minced garlic, the kind that comes in a jar and is kept in the frig, work??

Closed Thread