It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Q for Lisa24 re: Obagi blue peel

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #1
    Georgiapeaches
    (female)

Georgiapeaches HB User
    Talking Q for Lisa24 re: Obagi blue peel

I was reading through some older posts and see you had an Obagi blue peel. I had one done about 12 days ago and have almost completely peeled. I had uneven skin tone and brownish/pinkish blotches starting at eye level going down my cheeks (mild to moderate). I went to my PS to find out about the Obagi. I started on the line of Obagi Nu-derm products about 6 weeks before the peel. I did notice a slight improvement in the blotches just from using the products. I know I am still in the healing process, but on my cheeks, the skin is still dry and the skin tone is still a bit uneven; I can see slightly where the brown blotches were before. My dr said this is all normal at this stage and definitely will improve. I am a bit nervous. I go back for a check up next week. I wondered if you could share your experience with the Obagi. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
    JanetinHouston

JanetinHouston HB User
    Re: Q for Lisa24 re: Obagi blue peel

[Hey Georgia,

I've been on Obaji for 6 years now and I've had three peels. I love the system.

Yeah, it is normal what you are going through. I've never experienced that but a friend of mine who just recently had one kept complaining of that also, but it did heal up just fine.

Just keep up with your daily system and all should clear up and your skin will continue to improve and look great.

Old 04-03-2005, 08:44 AM   #3
    Georgiapeaches
    (female)

Georgiapeaches HB User
    Smile Re: Q for Lisa24 re: Obagi blue peel

Hi Janet,

I am going to stick with the products. I guess I just thought that once the skin peeled, the evidence of any blotches would be gone. If your friend said this happened to her and it did heal up nicely, I guess I just have to be patient. I go to my PS in 2 days. Hopefully I will feel more at ease after the visit. After all, my goal was to end up with a complexion free of those blotches. Thanks for your reply.

Old 04-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #4
    JanetinHouston

JanetinHouston HB User
    Re: Q for Lisa24 re: Obagi blue peel

yeah, she did have a spot on her check that she was concerned about and overall splotchy-ness. I had the red spots too but no spots stood out, like Kathy's (my friend).

Hang in there! I've had three and they all end up turning out nicely. Just try not to pick. The first time I picked and tried to force skin off, and I don't think I healed as well in the end.

But yes, just keep using your system (I haven't put anything on my skin in 6 years other than Obaji) and I think you'll be happy.

Closed Thread