It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Very sensitive and irritated lips problems......

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
    Blusky
    (male)

Blusky HB User
    Very sensitive and irritated lips problems......

I have irritated lips problem, I guess i born with this skin type, which is allergic to nickel, but its only occurs when i put lip stick on or vaseline. When my skin get irritated from the use of any lip stick, my lip begin to get infected by water bumb growing around the lips areas and also swollen pretty bad. I have visit alot of dermalthologies and they run a few skin test on me, but all they could tell me is that I got allergic to nickel. They said that they can't do anything for me, but prescribe me Triamcinolone which only calm down the swollen a bit . The bottom line is I really want to be able to use lip stick i mean i'm a woman after all Anyone out there having the same problem i do or have any suggestions that may help? I'll be greatly appreciated for any comment or suggestion and thank you in advance!

Last edited by Blusky; 03-30-2005 at 11:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
    white dove
    (female)

white dove HB User
    Re: Very sensitive and irritated lips problems......

I suspect you can't get rid of your irritated lips unless you stop using irritating lipsticks and vaseline, since you have pinpointed them as initiators of the problem. I know that's not what you want to hear. So...if you write down all the ingredients in your lipsticks and vaseline, perhaps you can find a lipstick containing NONE of those ingredients, and perhaps it won't irritate your lips. Unfortunately, there are many ingredients that can irritate. So the new lipstick, if you find one, might not be any better.

I got rid of a different lip problem than yours--chapped peeling lips. Perhaps there's a chance that what I did might help you, too. It's posted at the end of a thread on ex-picker's peeling lips. If you try it, I'd be interested if it helps. It certainly can't hurt to try.

Old 04-07-2005, 10:17 PM   #3
    michellep1019
    (female)

michellep1019 HB User
    Re: Very sensitive and irritated lips problems......

I too have had a problem similar to this that started in October 2003. Everytime I wear lipstick or vaseline my lips swell, become bright red, had bumps and hurt. I was prescribed steroids which helped until I put lipstick on again and then it started all over. I went to every doctor, finally I found a dermatologist that gave me some helpful information. She diagnosed me with a condition called atopy. She gave me this ointment called Ceralip, which saved me! You can order it on the internet. For lipstick, I tried Clinique and it still didn't work so I gave up on lipsticks. The only think that I have been able to wear is Burt's Bees Lip shimmer, it's very light but at least it gives me a little color. Good luck!

Last edited by michellep1019; 04-07-2005 at 10:29 PM. Reason: forgot something.

Closed Thread