It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• itchy scalp

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
    Angelica17

Angelica17 HB User
    itchy scalp

It all started about 3 weeks ago...first it was a small red pimple here and there on my scalp, then all of the sudden entire areas were covered and my scalp was extremly itchy. I searched the net, thought it might be a minor form of folliculitis or, my second deduction was that the rash was caused from stress (first year university). Went to the doctor, he gave me an anti-bacterial shampoo, i used it 3 times week for about a week and a half (until it ran out). The thing is the itching had already subsided before I visited the doctor. The little pimples were gone at the end of my shampoo-using. Everything was fine for about 2 weeks and here I am again! Same process first it was 1 pimple, now its like areas of them, my scalp is extremly itchy.

Again it could be stress, or! this new shampoo which i have been using on and off for the past 3 weeks (ever since the itching started). The new Herbal Essences, Orange, meant for dry dmged hair, to normal hair. I really don't have time for a trip to the doctor at this particular time. Major cramming for the next 2 weeks. So I was curious to know if anyone here might be able to help.

The pimples are not puss filled just red, I don't think its dandruff because there is no flaking.

Any advice? Or ideas where this could be coming from?

I've also thought it could b my showerhead, its been changed since 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for all you can give me.

P>S Please don't advise me to go see a doctor, I am well aware that I do have to make the trip, the first chance I get I will.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread