It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Peeling skin on fingers and palms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
    Tryan920
    (female)

Tryan920 HB User
    Peeling skin on fingers and palms

Within the past 2-3 wks the skin on my fingertips and on my palms has been peeling like crazy.

It always starts with a small fluid-less blister and then once it breaks the skin just peels away...It's not painful at all and the new skin is not sensitive.....If it werent for the fact that it looks nasty, it wouldnt even bother me.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what can I do to get this to go away....

Any advice is welcome

Thanks,
    Mary

Last edited by Tryan920; 03-18-2006 at 02:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
    MommaBee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MommaBee HB User
    Re: Peeling skin on fingers and palms

I had that once. Went to a dermatologist and had all kinds of skin tests done to see if I was allergic to anything. Found that I was allergic to trace nickel. No big deal. Then he asked if I was doing alot of cleaning? I said yes, because I had just been laid off and I was cleaning my house more than ususal. He said it was the cleaning stuff I was using was probably the reason for it. So I stopped cleaning with bare hands for awhile and sure enough, it cleared up. Have you started doing something different with your hands? ie; new lotions, cleaning with bleach, having to wear gloves at work, etc. If you have, then stop each one seperately and see if it goes away.
    Good luck!

Closed Thread