It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Raised sac on butt cheek dunno what it is

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
    Chomage
    (female)

Chomage HB User
    Angry Raised sac on butt cheek dunno what it is

A TINY POUCH ON MY LEFT BUTT CHEEK- about 2 inches left of my buttcrack. Over 2 years ago it started out as what I thought was a pimple. Itched a little then stopped. Gradually grew into what I thought was a wart. It's smaller than a pea. It's really like a miniature punching bag, or better yet - a tiny balloon attached to a string. Yes, that's it. The part that's attached to my butt is ofcourse, much smaller in size than the rest. If I touch it it moves about freely.. - the sac itself is fairly soft - it's spongy when squeezed. No liquids, itching or pain. It's just there. And VERY ANNOYING and unattractive and it has very gradually increased in size. Thought of getting over the counter wart removers but dunno if it's a wart, cyst,or extra ***. 1st time I've had one of these *** sacs.
    HOW DO I REMOVE IT! !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
    relievedgal
    (female)

relievedgal HB User
    Re: Raised sac on butt cheek dunno what it is

It sounds like a pilodinal sinus. Those things can burst and leave an open sore. I haven't had one, but it's worth getting it checked out before it gets to a more painful stage. Good luck.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
    relievedgal
    (female)

relievedgal HB User

It sounds like a pilodinal sinus. Those things can burst and leave an open sore. I haven't had one, but it's worth getting it checked out before it gets to a more painful stage. Good luck.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
    Ronnie99
    Inactive
    (male)

Ronnie99 HB User

To me your description sounds like a skin tag which is somewhat like a mole, but often they are the same color as the surrounding skin instead of dark like a regular mole. They can grow quite long and sometimes hang down. A dermatologist will usually cut them off without even using local anesthesia.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #5
    KIZMET
    (female)

KIZMET HB User

Definitely NOT a Pilonidal Sinus. A Pilonidal Sinus is located right at the TOP of your "buttcrack" and IF they have a drainage opening, it would be THERE. A Pilonidal Cyst is LOCATED in the same place but is very different than just having the "sinus".

Closed Thread