It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Strange rashes on both upper shins of my legs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
    lacrymosa
    (male)

lacrymosa HB User
    Strange rashes on both upper shins of my legs

Hey guys...

I've had these strange rashes on both of my legs (located on both upper shins) and I'm not sure what they are.

It itches really bad sometimes and other times it's fine. I've tried using Cortizone-10 to get rid of it but that does nothing. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? Several people have made comments about it to the point where I don't want to wear shorts anymore. The one on my left leg is a little less severe but I find it weird that they are both on the same area of each leg.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-17-2006 at 09:03 AM. Reason: do not post pictures for any reason, as per the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
    Re: Strange rashes on both upper shins of my legs

Hi lacrymosa. Do you think you could have been bitten by a tick? Many people are bitten by ticks without knowing it. They are tiny and inject a numbing agent so you cannot feel them on you.

If this is a bulls-eye rash, it is a definite sign of Lyme disease; however, only about 50% of people who have Lyme get a rash. The rash alone merits treatment. Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It is the second fastest growing infectious disease after AIDS in the US and the number one vector-borne disease in the US.

No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. If you think this is a possbility, it is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor and get aggressive treatment early in the infection. If you need a recommendation, let me know.

Good luck!

Old 09-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #3
    maglib
    (female)

maglib HB User
    Re: Strange rashes on both upper shins of my legs

Not the greatest picture as couldn't see details. Could be a number of things like exceme, a fungus, porokeratosis......... I highly recomend the dermatologist. You could try nizoral shampoo to see if it helps as it is antifungal and even helps on skin. Good luck.

Closed Thread