It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Sudden and mysterious itchiness, redness, and swelling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
    VroomMotorBike

VroomMotorBike HB User
    Sudden and mysterious itchiness, redness, and swelling

Hello everyone,

I have been getting itchy rashes, and swelling on various parts of my body for the past week, and I'm not sure how this happened.

Some background information. I am a healthy 27 year old, exercise at least an hour a day, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, sleep 8 hours a night. I'm really perplexed, not to mentioned freaked out about the following events
    which I will explain:

[U]Thurs, Dec 7:[/U] Noticed small, red, itchy bumps on both sides of my back. Thought it was no big deal.

[U]Sat, Dec 9:[/U] Right ear was itchy, red and lower earlobe was swollen. Also, I had itchiness on my lower neck. And, I noticed that the bags under my eyes were slightly red, but didn't think anything of it.

[U]Sun, Dec 10:[/U] Itchiness, thus causing redness on various parts of my upper body (arms, shoulders, back, neck), at different, unexpected times during the day and night. Left ear became itchy, red, lower earlobe was swollen. What was really startling was I had [B]huge[/B] bumps under my eyes, but they at least settled down so I could go to work the next day.

[U]Mon, Dec 11:[/U] Both ears were itchy, red and swollen, but they got somewhat better. Persistent itchiness and rash as various parts of upper body.

[U]Tuesday, Dec 12:[/U] Decided to call in sick and rest, thinking that all this itchiness and redness may be stress related, even though there are no significant stressful events in my life. Bags below my eyes are red. Persistent
    itchiness and rash as various parts of upper body.

[U]Wednesday, Dec 13:[/U] Went into work. Someone at work even commented that I look tired because area below my eyes are red. Persistent itchiness and rash as various parts of upper body.

[U]Thursday early 2am, Dec 14:[/U] Itchiness "down there". When I checked, I noticed swelling (just like my lower earlobe was swollen). I totally freaked, since I never had any relations (never married), hence I emailed my doctor,
    asking for advice.

[U]Thursday, Dec 14:[/U] Swelling "down there" reduced by 10%, but I was still freaked out. Luckily, my doctor was nice enough to accomodate for an appointment for Friday, Dec 15. Persistent itchiness and rash as various parts of upper body. However, before I went to sleep, noticed that swelling "down there" reduced by 90%.

[U]Friday morning, Dec 15:[/U] Eyelids, and bags under my eyes are so swollen, I cannot recognize myself in the mirror. Eyelids are somewhat itchy, but I am especially careful not to scratch. Had to call in sick, because I am
    uncomfortable going to work looking like this. Itchiness and swelling "down there". Swelling not as bad as Thursday morning, but I noticed it was slightly more than Thursday night, when I said that swelling was reduced by 90%.
    Persistent itchiness and rash as various parts of upper body.

Please tell me what can be causing this insane itchiness, redness, and swelling on various parts of my body. What should I ask the doctor (internist) when I see her today.

Any feedback will be most welcome. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread