It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Removing Flat Moles

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
    gummyawesome
    (female)

gummyawesome HB User
    Removing Flat Moles

Has anyone successfully removed dark flat moles (mine is the size of an eraser) using casktor oil/baking soda or any other home remedies? Or perhaps with any non scam mole remover home kits? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User
    Re: Removing Flat Moles

gummy,
    I would never try to remove a mole on my own. The safest way is to have your dermatologist remove it so that he or she can biopsy it to make sure that it is healthy. I have heard nothing good about home remedies for mole removal. Those on this board who have tried have had permanent scars. That being said, I had one removed on my leg that left a rather ugly scar just this past June. But, the one that he removed on my back the same day is nearly invisible now...almost no scar left. I think it depends on how deep the mole is and how far they have to go into you skin to remove it all. The one on my leg was deep enough that he should have stitched it closed. It took quite some time to finally heal. But, that is not always the case. I had another one removed on my arm years ago and, today, I have no idea where exactly it was on my arm as there is nothing at all to see there.

Anyway, if you are sure you want it gone, you really should see a derm to have it removed. It is important to have it biopsied. It is likely nothing but, since you never know...wouldn't you rather a professional handle it? If you try to remove it yourself, you may make a bigger mess than it already is and may end up regretting it.

Take care and keep in touch!

Old 01-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
    desiii
    (female)

desiii HB User

I agree. Don't mess around with flat moles. They're the most likely to be cancerous. Have a doctor remove it if you must. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
    katherine999
    (female)

katherine999 HB User

[QUOTE=gummyawesome;2736960]Has anyone successfully removed dark flat moles (mine is the size of an eraser) using casktor oil/baking soda or any other home remedies? Or perhaps with any non scam mole remover home kits? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm using Dermatend now. If you google "dermatend" you'll find lots of companies that sell it. I've removed 5 moles so far, including one on my temple, a little smaller than a lentil. The rest were small and could have passed for freckles.

Basically, you scrape the mole, apply the product, put a bandaid over it and repeat every day until it scabs over. When the scab falls off, the dried mole comes off with it. I'm still amazed that this actually works. I removed the first one about 2 weeks ago and it's still a bit pinkish, but judging by the way it's been healing so far, there won't be any mark at all a month from now.

I tried the baking soda and castor oil remedy a few years ago, but you have to be diligent for a long time (maybe a month) and I only lasted a week.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
    publictelephone
    (female)

publictelephone HB User

I joined this forum just to share with you my wonderful fortune. Like the post above I have tried DERMATREND as well. I have removed two raised moles on my stomach, 7 moles on my left arm, and four on my right. I scrubbed mine with a pumas stone then put the band-aid on, make sure it doesn't have plastic gauze, that it is fabric, because they don't scab as badly. Once it scabs apply vitamin e on it and neosporin. The two raised moles on my stomach are now colorless and just have a slight bump. If you miss a little of the mole, just scrub at it again once its healed and the part that was missed will scab as well. It works I promise! I thought that the ones on my arms were age/sun spots, until I found a picture of when I was a child and noticed I had them. Honestly, this stuff works. If you have any questions let me know.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
    beach8411
    (male)

beach8411 HB User

the previous two posters sound like they must be affiliated with Dermatrend. Call me stupid, but I tried freezing off a mole last night. I will let you know how it turns out. If it works well, I have many more to do. By the way, I have had my moles checked over and some removed and biopsied. I would recommend you getting a professional opinion to see if your mole may look suspicious before you try to remove it. If the doc says it dosen't look suspicious, then I don't see a problem removing it yourself.

Closed Thread