It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Misdiagnosed Skin Disorder Turns Out To Be Lichens Sclerosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
    MuleKistWoman
    (female)

MuleKistWoman HB User
    Misdiagnosed Skin Disorder Turns Out To Be Lichens Sclerosis

For years I have had skin-problems with breaking out and itching all over. I was diagnosed with "unspecified dermititus", follicullitis, keritosis, etc. I also developed "white spots" that itched on my vaginal area. Finally, I had a biopsy done of the genital area and it came back positive for Lichens Sclerosis. I am glad that I finally got a proper diagnosis,but the bad news is there is no cure. It can be controlled they say, with proper treatment.
    Just wondering how many others may suffer from some sort of lichens (There are 12 different kinds!) and is being mis-diagnosed, as I head this is one of the most misdiagnosed skin-disorders of all time. Some medical professionals say there is a generic link. I think my mother has it but she was told she has sorisis (sp?) I have asked her to get a bioposy but she wont. Few doctors even heard about lichens, so it is good to know about if you are having skin-problems, as lichens can effect men as well as woman, and even children, and can appear anywhere on the body, even inside the mouth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
    cyndi627
    (female)

cyndi627 HB User
    Re: Misdiagnosed Skin Disorder Turns Out To Be Lichens Sclerosis

what does it look like and where do you get it on your body? I get these little hive things on my face and neck and back - they're hard though and last several days when i get them. They too itch. Please let me know more about wht you have. thanks much!!

Old 03-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
    skipa dee babe
    (female)

skipa dee babe HB User
    Re: Misdiagnosed Skin Disorder Turns Out To Be Lichens Sclerosis

Hi,
    I do too , just started with them about a month ago , they got really bad and then started to lessen a bit , i thought it was an allergy but now i don't believe they are , mine are very small about the size of a lead pencil , and they itch like crazy.
    Skipa

Old 04-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
    carebear1976
    (female)

carebear1976 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Misdiagnosed Skin Disorder Turns Out To Be Lichens Sclerosis

Yeah my doc just told me that all my problems that I was having could be lichens sclerosis or lichens planus an arrosive form of it since it is eating away my skin. I have it in my vaginal area and my gums in my mouth. I have had in under my arms and under my eye as well. The outside skin is easy to go away but the mouth is the hardest. I just got my biopsy done yesterday so it will be coming back in 5 working days. My miss diagnosis has lasted for a year now. They diagnosed it as a yeast many times and then herpes. My tests never came back posative for herpes but they still treat me for it. I told them if this comes back as lichens sclerosis I want another herpes test and this time if it still is negative. I know what I have then. I swera the docs are so blind sometimes. They don't look at the bigger picture. I went to the doc many times sayign it hurts and itches and burs and i have white spots and they look and say a yeast or nothing at all. They never look close enough or something.

Closed Thread