It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Dark patches under arms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
    RattySarah
    (female)

RattySarah HB User
    Dark patches under arms

Hi, this is my first post on the board, since it's getting to summer I like wearing strappy tops but since a teenager I've had dark patches where my underarms are, where the hair comes from. I'm quite shy already and it makes me really self conscious. I have tanned skin and dark hair, which I think is related. Does anyone know anything about it? It's really getting me down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User
    Re: Dark patches under arms

Most of us have a bit of a darker look to the skin under our underarms and, the color of your hair can be a contributing factor to how dark that area is. So, the darker your hair, the darker your skin. But, in case it isn't that, have you tried a gentle exfoliator? The skin under your underarms tends to be a bit more sensitive so, you have to be gentle if you are going to try exfoliating. Use a soft shower sponge thing and a gently beaded body soap and put some extra time into cleaning under your underarms in the shower. Also, keep them well moisturized.

I can't promise that it will work but, certain areas of our body tend to get darker the older we get and that area is one.

One other thing I want to say is, you shouldn't be concerned with how dark the skin under your arms is. Mostly, if someone is going to criticize your for your underarms, it might be if you haven't shaved. Otherwise, it isn't your underarms people are paying the most attention to. Smile! That is what people pay more attention to. And, if your underarms bother someone, they probably aren't worth your concern anyway!

Take care!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
    RattySarah
    (female)

RattySarah HB User

Hmm. thanks for your advice, but it really does get me down and make me self conscious,so not too easy just to ignore, I'll try gentle exfoliating and see if that helps.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
    cuty21
    Inactive
    (female)

cuty21 HB User

hmm I have heard that it becomes black because of deodrants as well .. is it true? I feel so too. I read on some other forum that apply one or two drops of coconut oil and then slightly rub it with brown sugar. I tried it but I am never able to do it continuously so I am not sure if it works or not. however, Ifelt some difference.

Does someone know about skindinavia slower hair growth shaving kit? Given the good reputation of skindinavia I trust them but has anyone used it?

Old 06-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #5
    cuty21
    Inactive
    (female)

cuty21 HB User

hmm I have heard that it becomes black because of deodrants as well .. is it true? I feel so too. I read on some other forum that apply one or two drops of coconut oil and then slightly rub it with brown sugar. I tried it but I am never able to do it continuously so I am not sure if it works or not. however, Ifelt some difference.

Does someone know about skindinavia slower hair growth shaving kit? Given the good reputation of skindinavia I trust them but has anyone used it?

Closed Thread