It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• small skin problem (about size of a mole) scab raised flaky

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
    newtonscradle
    (male)

newtonscradle HB User
    small skin problem (about size of a mole) scab raised flaky

hiya
    this is my first post and I'm just wondering if anyone can help me as to what it may be as I've had these for a good couple of years now and they're really getting me down as I have one on my face. I'm a 31 year old man fit and healthy and quite active.
    basically I have what I initially thought was a wart-like bump on my left kneecap. The skin felt quite dead to the touch and didn't really feel anything if I picked at it. Over a short period it grew to the size of a mole (no bigger than 6-8mm), the skin raised a little so I naturally started picking at it. The skin would come off almost flaky-like (like ppl who pick dead skin off their feet!!) and if I continued picking it started bleeding and became a little painful. However left alone they dont hurt but they do look a little unsightly and I'm very aware of them.

I've had one potential partner refuse to get close to me for fear of catching them!! This is actually starting to affect my social life now

I've since grown one on my right little finger and now it appears like one is starting to grow just to the right of my mouth (if your looking straight at me). I thought it was a coldsore at first and now it appears to be a stubborn mound like the others. Worse - hair grows slowly through it like it isn't there.

I've tried all sorts of creams and stuff and NOTHING is helping them.

I'm now considering having them burnt off with a laser or something but I'd really like to know what they are.

sorry for the long description - this is really upsetting me as I now wont shave because when I do this horrid lumpy patch that looks almost like a coldsore is just on show

please please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
    Ladypepper
    Inactive
    (female)

Ladypepper HB User
    Re: small skin problem (about size of a mole) scab raised flaky

A quick trip to your derm or doctor should clear it up. It kind of sounds like those pre cancerous patches (sun damaged skin) that a doctor will just freeze off. My mom has had several burnt off. Sometimes they are painful. I highly doubt they are contagious - but of course I don't really know. Your doctor should be able fix you up.

Last edited by Ladypepper; 06-01-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Closed Thread