It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Unusual Mustache Problem.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
    Tillsmann
    (male)

Tillsmann HB User
    Unusual Mustache Problem.

A little over six months ago I went golfing. When I got home and took a shower I noticed that my mustache line was peeling oddly, not a sunburn type peel, just small pieces of skin.

After a couple days I noticed red-type bumps starting to form around the mustache area. They weren't huge but there was 3 or 4 of them.

Upon trying to figure out what they were I started to try and pop them because I had no clue what else to do. Well no "puss" came out, and they just stayed red for 3-4 days. This went on for about 2 months with them coming and going.

Well one day the bumps just stopped but the peeling was still there.

Well in those two months waiting for them to go away I went to a website and asked a "professional Doctor" what it could be. He said it might be ringworm. I went and looked up what ringworms cause, and none if the information fit what I had.

[I]Now[/I] what I have is odd peeling of the skin, and the whole mustache area just seems odd in color, a lot whiter/paler than what it used to be. Also when I shave it, the hair comes in a bit odd, almost as if the hair is having a hard time pushing through because as the hair grows in, each hair raises the skin like odd little bumps (not red), but not like anywhere else on face. Wish I could explain it better, just not sure how.

In the end I have no idea what it could be, and I've done quite a bit of searching and have found nothing. The peeling also isn't as bad as I make it out to be, but it was never there before.

I tried a fungal-type cream when I had the bumps, but to no effect. Mostly I used moisturizes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Tillsmann; 06-13-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 04:12 AM   #2
    Tillsmann
    (male)

Tillsmann HB User
    Re: Unusual Mustache Problem.

Bump.******

Closed Thread