It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• two weird bumps down there

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
    blank65
    (male)

blank65 HB User
    two weird bumps down there

im a 22 year old male with two questionable bumps in my pubic region that haven't shown signs of going away for close to two weeks now.

i first noticed when i got out of the shower. i had a small pink bump right in the groin area and another one that was smaller one about a half inch above the penis. they weren't something growing on the skin but they were more like an inflammation or buildup of something UNDER the skin that cause a little pink bump. kind of like a mosquito bite or pimple, and they only felt a little uncomfortable to touch.

neither of them showed any signs of having or coming to a head after a couple days and the one above my penis grew to about the same size as the first one. so i got concerned. thinking they might have been boils or ingrown hairs, i put a hot compress on a few times for a few days and nothing changed still. over the course of the next few days, the one in my groin has actually shrunk and flattened out but a tiny bump and some pink color still remains and there still feels like a little bit fluid (or something) could be inside. meanwhile over the same few days, the other one actually grew and came to a little white head a couple days ago. i popped it and some pus came out but not as much as i expected for something that took so long to come to a head. so i poked around with a needle a little and squeezed a ton and nothing else came out. now theres a little greyish scab forming where i poked the needle and redness around it where i guess it looks like the blood rushed to the skin from all the sqeeezing, but if i touch it softly it still feels like there's a little something underneath it all. kind of like how there still seems to be some fluid or something under the first smaller one.

ive never had sex... only oral and that was more than a year ago. could this be an STD? infection? warts? blisters? pimples? boils? it's really starting to drive me crazy.

will it go away on its own?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User
    Re: two weird bumps down there

Both of them sound like acne to me. You can get acne basically anywhere there are pores which is all over your entire body. And, sometimes, a zit won't result in a puss filled eruption. I don't know why. But, when that happens, it can take some time to heal and for the skin to return back to normal. And, from experience, it does seem like the healing process seems to take so much longer down there than other areas of your body. I don't know why. Perhaps it only seems like it takes forever because we expect to get zits on our faces, not down there so, when we do, we worry a little more about what it could be.

So, use something to help along the healing process like Neosporin. Keep it clean and don't pick at it. If either or both of them don't heal in the next week or two, you might visit a doctor like a dermatologist or your regular doctor. But, it sounds like they are zits to me.

Take care and keep in touch!

Closed Thread