It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• White pale scars .retin a?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
    amber04
    (female)

amber04 HB User
    White pale scars .retin a?

I have TONS of scars from dermatitis and scratching.. Anyhow, does anyone know how to get rid of them most effectively? My scars LOOK like the are surface scars.. they are flat, white, pale scars. It APPEARS some have faded.. but, I am wondering..will they fade some more with the help of a cream or something?!?!

Do surface scars--white, flat, pale ones--fade? and what is the best way to get them to fade the quickest.

I was thinking about trying [COLOR="Magenta"]RETIN-A[/COLOR] ...I tried to use [COLOR="Red"] MEDERMA[/COLOR] but it made my skin so itchy and I was miserable!!! Luckily I didn't scab up from it--because it was BAD.

Right now, I am using cocoa butter.. I started using it about week ago.

What is best for WHITE, pale scars?? vitamin E, retin-a, bio-oil, retin-a, cocoa butter??

Last edited by amber04; 07-04-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
    els75
    (female)

els75 HB User
    Re: White pale scars .retin a?

I have the same problem and am interested in what others think. I feel like the scars have become more noticable the last few years and thought that maybe it's due to the fact that I don't go out in the sun much anymore so they don't repigment. I can recall have similar scars about 10 years ago but then they would fade away within a year or two. Even the slightest tiny scratch seems to leave a pale mark.

Closed Thread