It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• VERY Itchy Mole on back of neck.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
    wisangel
    (female)

wisangel HB User
    VERY Itchy Mole on back of neck.....

On the back of my neck are 3 dark-brown "beauty marks" and 1 light-brown "mole". This "mole" is round, symmetrical, has an even border, & is less than the size of a pencil eraser(but not by much). However, it is also raised and VERY, VERY itchy(!!!!).....like a horrible mosquito bite that won't go away. This itchiness is constant, aggravated by or increased when something touches the "mole"(like a shirt collar, my stethoscope at work, or even water during a shower), and leaves me scratching the area continuously to the point of leaving it red. From what I've read on moles & skin cancers, "itchiness" is one of the warning signs that something could be wrong(although not definitive).

Additionally, I thought it was important to mention that, about 13 years ago, I had a mole removed from my back because it started showing possible pre-cancerous signs. This mole was dark-brown to almost black in color, about the size of a nickel, & had jagged borders. But it was never itchy(that I can recall) and turned out to be benign.

I'm planning to call the doctor's office this week. But in the meantime, I wondered if anyone could give their opinion on whether or not I should be concerned(I know, it's hard to say without seeing the "mole").

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread