It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Painfull, itching, beeding, crusting mole

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
    arashkya
    (female)

arashkya HB User
    Painfull, itching, beeding, crusting mole

In the past two months a mole that has always been on my back, has suddenly began to rapidly change shape and appearance. When I was younger the mole was always flush against the skin, and was always dark in color. My family has a long history of having these moles, especially for the women.

The mole now stands as high as a pencil eraser and itches constantly. Because of it's location on my lower back, it is prone to rub on everything causing it to bleed. 80% of my clothing has blood stains, as well as my bed sheets and computer chair. Infact, the first time it became apparent was after getting up out of my chair and realizing that there was a fresh blood stain the size of a baseball.

I've been to one clinic in the city, and they told me that they arn't able to tell me anything about it. It took over a month to get that apointment, and now I have been re-directed to SF General's dermatology department. The earliest apointment they could get for me isn't until mid July.

It's hard to wear band-aids because of the size, and towards the end of the day there tends to be puss build up if the band-aid happens to make it that long. I'm not sure what to do anymore, I'm getting really worried if this mole could be serious or not.

Key points I've noticed:
    - raised above the skin the less than four weeks
    - black and brown in color
    - un-even borders, could possible contain smaller black moles
    - itching
    - crusting around the edges
    - near-constant bleeding
    - shots of pain when it comes into contact with anything

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
    FRG03
    (male)

FRG03 HB User
    Re: Painfull, itching, beeding, crusting mole

[QUOTE=arashkya;3552697]In the past two months a mole that has always been on my back, has suddenly began to rapidly change shape and appearance. When I was younger the mole was always flush against the skin, and was always dark in color. My family has a long history of having these moles, especially for the women.

The mole now stands as high as a pencil eraser and itches constantly. Because of it's location on my lower back, it is prone to rub on everything causing it to bleed. 80% of my clothing has blood stains, as well as my bed sheets and computer chair. Infact, the first time it became apparent was after getting up out of my chair and realizing that there was a fresh blood stain the size of a baseball.

I've been to one clinic in the city, and they told me that they arn't able to tell me anything about it. It took over a month to get that apointment, and now I have been re-directed to SF General's dermatology department. The earliest apointment they could get for me isn't until mid July.

It's hard to wear band-aids because of the size, and towards the end of the day there tends to be puss build up if the band-aid happens to make it that long. I'm not sure what to do anymore, I'm getting really worried if this mole could be serious or not.

Key points I've noticed:
    - raised above the skin the less than four weeks
    - black and brown in color
    - un-even borders, could possible contain smaller black moles
    - itching
    - crusting around the edges
    - near-constant bleeding
    - shots of pain when it comes into contact with anything[/QUOTE]

You should go to your doctor, have it check. From your description it fits in the signs of cancer.

Here are seven signs of cancer, they call it caution.

[B]C[/B]hange in bowel or bladder habits could be a sign of colorectal cancer.

[B]A[/B]sore that does not heal on the skin or in the mouth could be a malignancy and should be checked by a doctor.

[B]U[/B]nusual bleeding or discharge from the rectum, bladder or vagina could mean colorectal, prostate, bladder or cervical cancer.

[B]T[/B]hickening of breast tissue or a new lump in the breast is a warning sign of breast cancer. A lump in the testes could mean testicular cancer.

[B]I[/B]ndigestion or trouble swallowing could be cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus or stomach.

[B]O[/B]bvious changes to moles or warts could mean skin cancer.

[B]N[/B]agging cough or hoarseness that persists for four to six weeks could be a sign of lung or throat cancer.

Closely watch these signs, which are your body’s way of alerting you to potential problems. If you experience any of them, schedule an appointment with your physician [B]immediately[/B].

Im not trying to scare you are anything, however better be safe than sorry. Im not also telling you that im 100% sure that it is cancer, the definite diagnosis of cancer is through biopsy. Hope you the best

Closed Thread