It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Complicated problem Protopic

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
    Grambo
    Inactive
    (male)

Grambo HB User
    Complicated problem Protopic

I've been having itching, burning, and neuropathic like pain around the lower half of my lips(the edges) and around the mouth area. Now I also have peeling lips the dermatologist gave me protopic. I was reading how the oral version of protopic can cause neuropathy.

I'm not sure if I explained my neuropathy properly to him, as I was having fireworks feelings etc, quite alot of irritation that had subsided some. Until I got the dental work then it got much worse. I would wake up move and be very irritated next thing u know the tingling/numbness would progress to intense burning. It was so bad it would literally drive any normal person insane.

I applied Protopic to my lips and around my mouth about 12 hours ago now I'm having second thoughts about applying it again, it can also cause cancer etc.. Better safe then sorry I think

I'm still experiencing pain and itching(it feels like slight peripheral neuropathy), I should also note I have swollen lymph nodes, and I had been using elidel around my mouth for quite some time.

Last edited by Grambo; 08-12-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2008, 03:19 AM   #2
    leighmarker1313
    (female)

leighmarker1313 HB User
    Re: Complicated problem Protopic

protopic was the only thing that helped my scalp and my ears. I have heard about the cancer too, but I think its safer than the regular steriods-as its a synthetic one (what the derm said) and it doesnt do as much damage ...??

Old 08-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
    willy8512
    Inactive
    (male)

willy8512 HB User
    Re: Complicated problem Protopic

The people that got cancer were taking large doses orally. You do not absorb that much by applying it topically. Besides only you can decide how much you are willing to deal with. Quality of life has to be brought into the equation.

Closed Thread