It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Itchy Spot, No Rash, 2 years

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
    redbluedisc
    (male)

redbluedisc HB User
    Itchy Spot, No Rash, 2 years

I have this spot right on the edge of my rib cage and my abdomen on the right side that has been itching a few times every day for about 2 years.

What are the possible causes of an itch that is localized with no rash that lasts this long?

I also have constant chest pressure pain that no doctor can find the cause of. It only goes away with ibuprofen after taken for a month. Don't know if thats related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
    AuntieLeela
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
    Re: Itchy Spot, No Rash, 2 years

The chest pressure/pain could be from costochondritis, also called Tietze’s Syndrome. It's inflammation in the ribs, or where the ribs attach to the sternum.

The chronic itchy spot may be a vicious circle. You had a bite or a bit of itchy dermatitis there, started scratching and the scratching led to more itchiness and the itchiness led to more scratching, and so on. Put an anti itch cream on it, a bandaid and try not to scratch it, see that helps or works at all. You may have to see a dermatologist.

It's like trying to cure yourself of the hiccups, the more you try not to do something . . .

Closed Thread