It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Regular wart on lips.....need help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
    STP73
    (male)

STP73 HB User
    Regular wart on lips.....need help!

I really hope somebody could give me some advice as I have developed a wart on my upper lip. It's not a cold sore and I thought it was a pimple at first but it's raised in the middle with dark spots like a wart. My questions:

1. My health benefits ran out yesterday when it first appeared. I would like to not go to the doctor's to have it removed as it will be expensive. I went to Wal Mart today and they told me I couldn't apply the wart remover to my lips because it could be poisonous. Do people still apply the wart remover liquid anyways? If so, what do you need to be careful with doing this?

2. Can I rip the wart off by myself? Will that do any good or just cause more damage or scaring? I have an important interview on Thursday morning and really don't want the big white dotted thing on my lip

3. Any other natural ways to combat it? I know about the duct tape thing but it won't work as it's on my lip.

Thanks for any advice and really hope somebody can help me out a bit before Thrusday! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
    CajunWon
    (male)

CajunWon HB User
    Re: Regular wart on lips.....need help!

Not an expert, but I pretend on family: IMO
    Size is everything, if small then the local drug-store sells a freezing remedy, in a small aerosol can. Haven't used it but should be good enough for a very small wart-like growth. Will frost-bite the spot, which kills the spot, turns dark in a few days, falls off like any other scab few days later, no scar but may lose some skin pigmentation. May take more than one procedure, size dependent. I've removed a few warts in the past (not on my lips) with a can of freon (or R34a) to freeze it off, trick is to keep it frozen long enough to get deep enough to freeze the whole wart, zero pain. The Dr will use liquid nitrogen, which is much colder, will hurt, but easier to freeze more deeply.

Ripping it off is not likely to be more effective, yet will be messy and likely will look much worse when healed.

Closed Thread