It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Rash on face, can anyone help with a diagnosis?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
    jambosee
    (male)

jambosee HB User
    Question Rash on face, can anyone help with a diagnosis?

[CENTER][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]First of all, Hello and thanks for taking the time to look at my post
    [B]
    I'll give you some info on myself first:-[/B]
    I'm a 25 years old guy with no health problems at all, fairly active and have never had any skin issues before apart from the odd spot during puberty

[B]Now, to the problem:-[/B]
    For the past few months I have been getting a rash just above my top lip (my moustache area) It's red and kinda raised and also it becomes flaky at times as well.

At first I thought it was a reaction to shaving so I changed my shaving routine and eventually cut out shaving with a razor and started using a Babyliss i-stubble razor which leaves the stubble look but takes away the 'homeless person' look but the rash still persists (a little bit more irritating and itchy when I've got some stubble)

The past week or 2 I have started to notice the redness appear elsewhere on my face (mainly my chin) and a couple of patches on my upper chest and also around my fringe line. My scalp is really flaky and itchy

I have had a look at various sites online to try and diagnose this, the conditions that are showing up most are psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis but I have no clue.

I have attached a photo of the rash on my face, hopefully someone can help me diagnose what it is, I have not seen my GP yet as I always just put it to the back of my mind but it is getting worse and I don't have an appointment til next Wednesday.

If someone thinks they know what it is, can you advise any home remedies or treatments to sooth the rash or help the redness.

Excuse the photo, it's not the clearest but you can still make out the problem.

Thanks so much if you've read to the end of this and not fell asleep

Over and out

J
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg rash.jpg (87.6 KB, 2 views)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Rash on face, can anyone help with a diagnosis?

Hi,
    There are many treatments you could buy to treat a rash but not knowing what it is or what has caused it could make it worse.
    It looks like a form of Dermatitis but what type.
    I would suggest you see your Dr or a Dermatologist. It may require a steroid cream and that is generally prescription only.
    Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread

Tags
    dermatitis, eczema (seborrheic dermatitis), rash on face, red and flaky, shaving