It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• infection from removal of ingrown hair

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
    jmarieg
    (female)

jmarieg HB User
    infection from removal of ingrown hair

so about three weeks ago i had been shaving my bikini line as i usually do- however this time i was in a rush, and must have done a botched job of it. i ended up with an ingrown hair i noticed about a week later.

not wanting to go to the doctors for this, i attempted to fix the problem myself and pull out the hair. i applied a hot washcloth and eased out the hair with tweezers, removing the whole thing. all that was left was a deep, pinprick of a hole. however, this was full of pus and i tried to push on the swelling to remove it, but gave up part way because it was getting painful.

i cleaned the area with an alcoholic wipe, the only antibacterial i had on hand. no body ever tells you what to do AFTER you pull out an ingrown hair and i have been at a loss now for two weeks, as the area around the hole has swollen and is tender and likely full of pus. it is about the width of my pinky finger in size. it is also about a shade darker than my skin (i have olive skin so the area is not red)

if you have any knowledge of something like this and any suggestions from past experiences please let me know! thank you.

Last edited by jmarieg; 06-22-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: infection from removal of ingrown hair

Try a hot compress, water so hot it hurts just a little bit, but not so hot that it actually burns you. (Since this is your bikini line, do take precautions to protect the more delicate areas!)

The heat will help to kill the infection under the skin. If it opens up, rinse out the inside with hot water, too.

Closed Thread

Tags
    bikini line, boil, cyst, ingrown