It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

Strange scar-like circles under arms and spreading

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Ash0385
(female)

Ash0385 HB User
Question Strange scar-like circles under arms and spreading (Photos)

When I was about 18 or 19 I noticed a spot under my armpit that was almost like a scar or stretch mark, it was circular shaped, did not itch or hurt and honestly causes me no issues other than cosmetically. I am now almost 28 and currently have many of these "scars" under both arms/armpits, and it seems to be spreading or multiplying. Tonight I noticed one had developed on my back below my shoulder blade. When I was about 21 I went to a dermatologist and he advised me that it was a disorder called "skin atrophy" and there was nothing that I could do about it, that there was no known cause or cure. At that time it did seem to be localized to just my underarms and I resigned myself to just deal with it. Now that it is obviously spreading I have done some research online about "skin atrophy" and can not find anything under that disease that even closely resembles what I have. I have searched rare and common skin problems/disorders/diseases and have been unable to find anything like it online. I am looking for help, maybe someone out there has something similar, or possibly a **. will see this and know what they are looking at. I have photos that I have posted below as links that can be copy and pasted and should take you right to the picture. ANY AND ALL HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and respond.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q711/Ash0385/Ashleyarmpit1.jpg
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q711/Ash0385/Ashleyarmpit3.jpg

Last edited by Ash0385; 10-26-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Adding photo link

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
atrophy, scar, skin, spreading, thin