It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Marti: jojoba oil in conjuction with acne medication

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2003, 08:11 PM   #1
    roxychick

roxychick HB User
    Post Marti: jojoba oil in conjuction with acne medication

Recently I went to the dermatologist for blackheads and mild breakouts and she prescribed me MD Forte cleanser twice a day and Differin to use at night. I want to try to use the jojba oil to help with the blackheads. When should I apply the jojoba oil, how much should I apply to my face and should I wait a certain amount of time, after washing my face or before putting on the Differin, to apply the jojoba oil? Do I wash the jojoba oil off?

Thank You!!

By the way...have you heard of DHC Deep Cleansing Oil? I heard that really helps too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2003, 05:43 AM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Q: When should I apply the jojoba oil, how much should I apply to my face and should I wait a certain amount of time, after washing my face or before putting on the Differin, to apply the jojoba oil? Do I wash the jojoba oil off?

A: After washing and drying your face, apply a few drops of Jojoba Oil to the palm of your hand, distribute evenly to both hands, and apply to your face. Allow the Jojoba Oil about 10 minutes to absorb into the skin, then apply your Differin. Do not wash the jojoba oil from your face as you will be defeating the purpose. You can apply the oil twice daily; in the morning and at night before bed. It will take about a month to see a marked difference in your skin. If you continue to apply the oil even after your skin has cleared up, it will help to prevent the accuulation of natural sebum that contributes to acne.

Old 01-12-2003, 01:13 PM   #3
    sunnyII

sunnyII HB User
    question for marti
    I've had fairly dependable (re breakouts) skin since using paula's choice 2% bha and 2.5% benzoyl peroxy lotion nightly, but dryness, flakiness and excessive oiliness still persist. I'd like to try jojoba oil, but I'm wondering if I should discontinue the bha and bp, or ease off of them; and if I continue, in which order should I apply? By the way, I'm 44 years old and I never expected pimples and wrinkles at the same time!
    Thanks in advance!

Closed Thread