It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Discoloration/Dry Underarms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2003, 01:02 AM   #1
    nellysol

nellysol HB User
    Question Discoloration/Dry Underarms

I am hoping someone might know about this. About a year and a half ago I started developing darker pigment under my underarms, so I switched deodorants and started using the crystal all-natural deodorant. This seemed to lighten the discoloration a little, but it was still there. There is also some dry flakiness at the outskirts of the darkness. For the most part it is below the underarm, although there is a little above the underarm as well.

I have been to two dermatologists and both tested me to see if it was a fungus which came back negative. They both concluded I should try anti-biotics. One prescribed tetracycline (sp?) and the other prescribed minocycline.

The first doctor who prescribed tetracycline did not seem that sure of himself so I never took the medication and I just saw the second doctor last week who prescribed minocycline. I am tired of having these dark spots so I decided to try the minocycline, but I was curious if anyone else had similar experiences. I hate the idea of taking anti-biotics for 4-6 weeks twice a day if anyone else knows of an alternative, or has had experiences with this. I am a little nervous about taking it as a friend of mine who is a nurse told me this medication can be hard on the liver.

Thank you for any feedback you may have!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread