It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• those darn moles

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2003, 06:30 AM   #1
    Buzz'z honey2

Buzz'z honey2 HB User
    Question those darn moles

Has anyone had any kind of luck in shrinking or removing moles using any of the home remedies?? i have read many people "ABOUT to try" this or that.. so any luck??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2003, 12:48 PM   #2
    cactusqty
    (female)

cactusqty HB User
    I recently read a post about using cold pressed castor oil and baking soda...I have 4 large moles on my face, each the size of a pencil eraser....the Dr. wanted $1000.00 to remove...I decided the oil & soda method would be cheaper!!! and thought I would give it a try. I made a thick paste and applied it to my moles and covered them with a round bandage.....it has honestly been a miracle...within 3 weeks my moles have disintigrated and are almost 95% gone. I have been putting the mixture on ever night. The first week the moles swelled(I almost stopped due to fear)but continued on. The second week the moles started wiping away (itchy and some bleeding)now the smallest one is completly gone and the other 3 almost...I figure it took 40 years to grow them...I can be patient waiting for them to go....the mixture does sting....small price to pay...and they look unsightly right now, but I cover them with makeup...and I fully expect the skin to scab and then clear up with minimal scaring.

------------------
    cactus

Old 09-29-2003, 07:44 PM   #3
    Volat

Volat HB User
    How do you tell whether castor oil is cold-pressed or not? I tried just using castor oil (no baking soda) per some website instructions on my moles with very little if any result. I want to try the mix but need to make sure I'm using the right kind of castor oil. My little bottle doesn't seem to say one way or the other.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:34 PM   #4
    cactusqty
    (female)

cactusqty HB User
    it says cold pressed, cold processed right on the bottle...you need to get it at a health food/vitamin store...I pour a little onto a spoon...then sprinkle on the baking soda...mix with a q-tip...and keep adding soda a little at a time until it has a thick texture.
    I read that about just castor oil online also...I personally think it was wrong...you need to do the mix.

Old 09-30-2003, 09:49 PM   #5
    oceandreams
    Inactive
    (female)

oceandreams HB User
    There's an herbal product called Bio-T (available on the net) that works great. I just used it on a mole and it took about 8 days for the mole to fall off, now there's a 'crater' that is rapidly healing. It will most likely leave a scar of some sort though, so I would not recommend using it on your face. Of course, whenever a mole is removed by any method (even by a doctor) it can leave a scar, so you really have to be careful about removing scars on your face. You have to decide which is worse, the mole or a scar.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:04 AM   #6
    Buzz'z honey2

Buzz'z honey2 HB User
    ...... now the smallest one is completly gone and the other 3 almost...I figure it took 40 years to grow them...I can be patient waiting for them to go....the mixture does sting....small price to pay...and they look unsightly right now, but I cover them with makeup...and I fully expect the skin to scab and then clear up with minimal scaring.

[/B][/QUOTE]

cactus... is there a scar where the smallest one was? and are your flat or raised?

Old 10-01-2003, 10:08 AM   #7
    cactusqty
    (female)

cactusqty HB User
    All my moles are were raised, big and brown. 1 month later they are flat and white...the mixture did leave a crater (as mentioned in the previous post)but it healed over. I was also worried about scaring...because yes, this is my face...but I have been very patient not to pick at the drying skin and scabs that formed. If you can afford to have them professionally removed I would persue that....this was something I could afford and I have been happy with the results...I would rather have a small white scar easily covered with make up, instead of big unsightly moles...oh, FYI, I have very fair skin.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:13 AM   #8
    cactusqty
    (female)

cactusqty HB User
    Oh...what is Bio-T?
    Is it that similar to a remover where you scrape your mole with a needle and apply a topical cream that makes the mole fall off? If so, I researched that and read some testimonies that left me to conclude I did not want to use that.
    If any one has had success with that let us know.

Old 10-01-2003, 04:22 PM   #9
    oceandreams
    Inactive
    (female)

oceandreams HB User
    As I mentioned, I used Bio-T and it worked very well. Others here on this board have also used it with success. It takes anywhere from 6-10 days for the mole to fall off. You don't have to scrape the mole, just apply the ointment once a day and cover with a bandaid. The entire mole will fall off in one piece, and won't ever grow back. Now I'm using it on a skin tag, which should be even faster to remove than the mole. You get enough ointment in the jar to remove several moles or skin tags. It also removes warts, which DO need to be scraped first because of their tough outer skin. I would probably have tried the castor oil treatment if I had known about it.

[This message has been edited by oceandreams (edited 10-01-2003).]

Old 10-01-2003, 06:23 PM   #10
    Buzz'z honey2

Buzz'z honey2 HB User
    CACTUS........
    sorry.. but did your say that you think having them professionally removed would be a better choice than trying the oil and baking soda method? I want mine gone. I don't want big craters . And would not mind if they were FLAT. but the older I get the bigger and higher they get. I feel like I have M&M's on my face. I will pay to have them removed if I can find a method that will leave minimal scarring.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:39 PM   #11
    oceandreams
    Inactive
    (female)

oceandreams HB User
    The craters don't remain craters, they fill in with skin tissue as they heal. But the resulting scar will depend on many things such as how fast they heal and your skin type, how easily you scar, etc. The scar may end up being flat and white, or it may end up being slightly raised (keloid type). If the moles are on your face, I would definitely go to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for best results. If you have insurance, most companies will pay for mole removal since there is always a chance that they might be cancerous.

[This message has been edited by oceandreams (edited 10-01-2003).]

Old 10-01-2003, 08:24 PM   #12
    cactusqty
    (female)

cactusqty HB User
    Where do you get Bio-T?
    I have been going to the same dermatologist for 5 years. My moles are not the cancerous type...that is why I did the home remedy removal...and yes...the 'craters' fill in...all I am saying is that if you can get it done cost effectivly...just have it done....then it is over with.
    I am interested in this Bio-T...because I have plenty of moles.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:11 PM   #13
    oceandreams
    Inactive
    (female)

oceandreams HB User
    You can get Bio-T on the net from the company that makes it--just do a search for it. But if the castor oil treatment is working for you, why change? (just curious) We could compare notes on what kind of scars we end up with, using the different methods. My 'crater' has completely filled in now, so I started putting vitamin E oil on it, I read that it helps minimize scarring if you use it while a wound is healing, we'll see...

Old 10-02-2003, 05:23 AM   #14
    cs67

cs67 HB User
    Buzz,
    If your insurance covers it, I would have them removed by a doctor. Not only will the scar be smaller, but they can analyze them. I just had a few removed because they were ugly and then the results came back that two were pre-cancerous!! Pfew. So, I think it's better to have them checked by a doctor.

Old 10-02-2003, 05:46 AM   #15
    Buzz'z honey2

Buzz'z honey2 HB User
    CS 67......
    what method did they use to remove yours? I have read many ways of removing them. Some ( I don't remember which) say leaves more scarring than others. and alot of people have said the scar was worse than the mole. ooohhhh...what to do, what to do.....

Closed Thread