It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Doctor thinks I have nerve issues but my girlfriend now has it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
    whatisgoingon1
    (male)

whatisgoingon1 HB User
    Doctor thinks I have nerve issues but my girlfriend now has it

Hello,

The issue is a detailed one. It has my doctor going down a nerve issue but it takes a bit to explain why I don't think it is nerve related BUT I don't have a way to resolve it.....
    Ok, I have found out I do have HSV-2 through a blood test but have never had an outbreak, never a blister, nothing.

Background: I went down that path because I had protected sex with someone as a one night stand. Within 18 hours I had burning on my scrotum and anus area. I had a friend look two days later and nothing was seen.
    I went to my doctor and discussed the problem. I had every test ran for STDs except HIV and Herpes to try and figure out this burning feeling. With all those results negative.
    SO I was sent to a dermatologist. The dermatologist couldn't see anything so had nothing to test.
    Next I was sent to a nerve doctor who didn't have a cause.
    I went through a bunch more tests without anything as a result.
    Finally I changed doctors because my primary care just kept making me feel like I was an idiot and unwilling to listen to me or work with me anymore.
    The new doctor tested for HIV (negative) and Herpes (positive for HSV-2). (I have another thread that is about finding out I have HSV-2)

My doctor believes that HSV-2 could, on [B]rare occasions[/B] cause nerve issues and put me on acyclovir for 20 days x 5 times a day. This made no change in my symptoms.

Now here is where things get VERY hard to figure out an why I am asking for help.....

If HSV-2 on rare occasions can cause burning feeling then WHY does my girlfriend now exhibit the EXACT same thing?

Can it be not so rare? If it really is so rare then what in the world could I have and have transmitted to her that she has the exact same symptoms?

The [B]main[/B] symptoms that both her and I have is that it feels like your butt cheeks are itchy and your butt crack is on fire (like you ate something very spicy and went to the bathroom). NOTHING is seen on either of us, ever, but for a fact the burning is there for both of us and it has, for me been there for over two years, and for her has been there for a few months.

I am desperate and willing to hear any suggestions.
    I don't care of you say "it is in your head", "it is HSV-2 symptoms", "ask your doc", "I think it is fungus", or anything else. I need to figure this out for both her and I. When it was just me I could live with it since it was just me being bothered but with my girlfriend now also having the same burning issue I am distraught and need to fix this for her (and me too).

Thank you.

Last edited by whatisgoingon1; 12-16-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: misspelling in title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread