It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Itchy Family Skin Rash

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
    Susan Escoto
    (female)

Susan Escoto HB User
    Itchy Family Skin Rash

The rash started on the right side of my waist. It looked like two perfectly round red flat mosquito bites... very itchy. When those disappeared three others appeared on the back of my forearm. Then my husband got a few on his back, then my 10 year old son, and now my daughter. I thought, ok, its an allergic reaction to the fabric softener. We changed fab softeners, are constantly changing and washing sheets, to no avail. these bumps look very similar to mosquito bites, flat raised and itchy, but everyone in the house has them. Mosquitos can't be that busy in the night. Bed bug strips: we put on our beds, nothing stuck to them. Could it be our water? We have an old water system in our town and often times the water leaves a pink (rust) residue in our sinks. I also feel them coming on at work, I don't have to be at home for them to flare up. But mostly I notice new ones when I wake up from sleeping. I am frustrated with always itching and watching new bumps occur on my family. I have an appointment referral with a dermatologist for my son and I, but it won't be until another month until we get in. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Itchy Family Skin Rash

Hi,

Why not try an Antihistamine, just one of you at a time and see if it goes.
    If so then it must be a reaction to something .
    In the meantime you could drink only boiled water or bottled spring water if you have a problem with tap water,

Solofelix.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
    Susan Escoto
    (female)

Susan Escoto HB User

[QUOTE=solofelix;5325580]Hi,

Why not try an Antihistamine, just one of you at a time and see if it goes.
    If so then it must be a reaction to something .
    In the meantime you could drink only boiled water or bottled spring water if you have a problem with tap water,

Solofelix.[/QUOTE]
    thanks soloflex. i.ll go to the pharmacy and look for one... any particular one?

Old 11-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #4
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Susan,

I always take "Zirtek" it's said to cover more allergies than others (don't know if that's true or not) it works great for my Nasal Allergies and "NO Side Effects" which is good.
    I suggest taking it before bedtime, I always find it makes me sleep well,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread

Tags
    allergy, family, flat, itchy, rash