It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• sleep and anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
    kassie0219
    (female)

kassie0219 HB User
    sleep and anxiety

Hello everyone! I have come here to get some words of wisdom/advice/good vibes. Before I go into what's going on now, I am going to say a little bit about my past experience to help gain some insight.
    In 2011, I was diagnosed with pseudo tumor cerebri, pretty much excess pressure on my brain. I started having sleep issues which led to anxiety over sleep and what was going on with me. I ended up finding out what was wrong and my sleep problems and anxiety persisted and then it eventually went away. All was good. I did not take any anxiety medication or sleeping medication.
    So everything was good for a good bit, and in 2013 I ended up having some sleeping problems again and eventually the anxiety. I was also going pee a lot. Eventually, everything went back to normal but my sleep problem really suffered. I was so exhausted and my anxiety was high. I ended up going to my neurologist because I thought I was going through another pseudo tumor issue again. He ended up giving me lorazapam for my anxiety and to sleep. I took the lorazapam for about 5 days and once my sleep started to get better, I had less worry about it and I fell into a natural routine and it was normal.
    Since then I have had problems every now and then with sleep. No anxiety though because I would eventually sleep, or take a lorazepam pill here and there. For the most part I've been good and I sleep like a baby.
    Last month though I started having some sleep difficulties again, I began to worry because I just didn't want what happened in the past to happen again. I hate having sleep problems, but I bring it upon myself. Anyways, because of this worry of my sleep, I began to sleep less for a bit. I would sometimes get two hours of sleep here and there throughout the night. I went to the dr. and he gave me atarax for anxiety and ambien to sleep. I haven't really tried any of it though for a amount of time. I did take ambien for 3 nights a while back, 2 of the nights I slept but woke up once, and 1 night I hardly slept at all. I now have some sleep deprivation and have some anxious/worry feelings. I just want my sleep to go back to normal and to stop feeling so anxious about the day etc. I know with sleep deprivation anxiousness/anxiety can happen. It's like my brain will not relax and it feels like it's shaking when lying down. I'm not really tired throughout the day, but I do yawn. There is a lot of stuff going on right now for me though. School, moving, trying to find a job...I just hate feeling like it's never gonna get better. I know it will but, I seriously need to sleep. The anxiety of oh will I sleep etc keeps me up. I try to relax at night but it doesn't help. I wake up a lot throughout the night. It's annoying. I just don't know what to do I think taking the ambien again may help. Any advice??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
    Kendra01
    (female)

Kendra01 HB UserKendra01 HB User
    Re: sleep and anxiety

Have you had a sleep study conducted? I would think that would be necessary, because in order to treat what is wrong, they need to determine exactly what is going on with you during your attempts to sleep. It could be any number of things that is going on, including anxiety.

I"m going through some sleep issues myself and am waiting on my sleep study results now.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
    phantom 75
    (male)

phantom 75 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kassie0219 View Post
    Hello everyone! I have come here to get some words of wisdom/advice/good vibes. Before I go into what's going on now, I am going to say a little bit about my past experience to help gain some insight.
    In 2011, I was diagnosed with pseudo tumor cerebri, pretty much excess pressure on my brain. I started having sleep issues which led to anxiety over sleep and what was going on with me. I ended up finding out what was wrong and my sleep problems and anxiety persisted and then it eventually went away. All was good. I did not take any anxiety medication or sleeping medication.
    So everything was good for a good bit, and in 2013 I ended up having some sleeping problems again and eventually the anxiety. I was also going pee a lot. Eventually, everything went back to normal but my sleep problem really suffered. I was so exhausted and my anxiety was high. I ended up going to my neurologist because I thought I was going through another pseudo tumor issue again. He ended up giving me lorazapam for my anxiety and to sleep. I took the lorazapam for about 5 days and once my sleep started to get better, I had less worry about it and I fell into a natural routine and it was normal.
    Since then I have had problems every now and then with sleep. No anxiety though because I would eventually sleep, or take a lorazepam pill here and there. For the most part I've been good and I sleep like a baby.
    Last month though I started having some sleep difficulties again, I began to worry because I just didn't want what happened in the past to happen again. I hate having sleep problems, but I bring it upon myself. Anyways, because of this worry of my sleep, I began to sleep less for a bit. I would sometimes get two hours of sleep here and there throughout the night. I went to the dr. and he gave me atarax for anxiety and ambien to sleep. I haven't really tried any of it though for a amount of time. I did take ambien for 3 nights a while back, 2 of the nights I slept but woke up once, and 1 night I hardly slept at all. I now have some sleep deprivation and have some anxious/worry feelings. I just want my sleep to go back to normal and to stop feeling so anxious about the day etc. I know with sleep deprivation anxiousness/anxiety can happen. It's like my brain will not relax and it feels like it's shaking when lying down. I'm not really tired throughout the day, but I do yawn. There is a lot of stuff going on right now for me though. School, moving, trying to find a job...I just hate feeling like it's never gonna get better. I know it will but, I seriously need to sleep. The anxiety of oh will I sleep etc keeps me up. I try to relax at night but it doesn't help. I wake up a lot throughout the night. It's annoying. I just don't know what to do I think taking the ambien again may help. Any advice??

Old 07-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
    phantom 75
    (male)

phantom 75 HB User

I know exactly what your going through it took years before I found the right combo to sleep through the night. This is coming from someone with a history of anxiety based insomnia up for literally weeks at a time. I take 1mg clonopin, 0.1mg clonodine and 100mg Elavil and problem solved every single night.

Last edited by phantom 75; 07-04-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: made mistakes

Closed Thread