It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• Sleeping problems - Really scared!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
    Sahitya
    (male)

Sahitya HB User
    Sleeping problems - Really scared!!!

This is my story. I really hope someone can help me because I am so scared and going crazy. I have been suffering from insomnia for the past 2 months. It all came suddenly. I had shifted to a new country and had been living there for one month when this problem started. Initially, I stayed up extremely late- till early in the morning at 5 am and would fall asleep and wake up at 12 pm or later. But slowly, I ended up sleeping less and less. Nowadays, I can only sleep for 2-3 hours at most, and I end up waking every hour, and have extremely vivid dreams. I yawn throughout the day. When I do fall asleep during the day it is only for 30 mins or so, during which I have vivid dreams of me doing something or talking to someone. When I wake up I realise it was just a dream- but it was so like real life that its hard to distinguish it from reality. I also sometimes wake up drenched in sweat. I am so scared this might be fatal insomnia. What should I do? Try as I might, I cannot go off to sleep at night. I am so scared. Its as if I have lost the power to sleep. There is no history of fate insomnia in my family. But I have heard of a disease called sporadic fatal insomnia which doesn’t require a family history. I am 27 years old.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #2
    Ashkan002
    (male)

Ashkan002 HB User
    Re: Sleeping problems - Really scared!!!

hi sahita,are u getting better? i have same problems as you

Old 04-22-2016, 05:09 AM   #3
    Anneli
    (female)

Anneli HB User

Hi,

My girlfriend also had insomnia.
    It lasted years and years. Until I took her to neurologist. It turned out she had brain injury. She got some pills. And now it's much better.

Insomnia is connected with stress. It's very common. I also have this kind of problem. I fall asleep at 4 am and can't get off bed 'till 1 pm.

Meditation and music is very helpfull - it calms you before sleep.
    It's really important to take care of you sleep higien: go to bed at the same time, do not work in bedroom; open the window before sleep. And relax!

Old 04-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
    Ashkan002
    (male)

Ashkan002 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anneli View Post
    Hi,

My girlfriend also had insomnia.
    It lasted years and years. Until I took her to neurologist. It turned out she had brain injury. She got some pills. And now it's much better.

Insomnia is connected with stress. It's very common. I also have this kind of problem. I fall asleep at 4 am and can't get off bed 'till 1 pm.

Meditation and music is very helpfull - it calms you before sleep.
    It's really important to take care of you sleep higien: go to bed at the same time, do not work in bedroom; open the window before sleep. And relax!
    hi Anneli,may i ask what kind of injury she had?

Old 04-27-2016, 05:20 AM   #5
    Anneli
    (female)

Anneli HB User

Yeah sure. She had concussion and minor injury of the temporal lobe

Old 04-27-2016, 05:21 AM   #6
    Anneli
    (female)

Anneli HB User

Even on EEG good doctor can see it after years.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:49 AM   #7
    Ashkan002
    (male)

Ashkan002 HB User

thank you. i'm gonna check it too to see whether i have it or not,maybe i got damage too.i should ask my doc to prescribe me an MRI.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
    brixken
    (male)

brixken HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sahitya View Post
    This is my story. I really hope someone can help me because I am so scared and going crazy. I have been suffering from insomnia for the past 2 months. It all came suddenly. I had shifted to a new country and had been living there for one month when this problem started. Initially, I stayed up extremely late- till early in the morning at 5 am and would fall asleep and wake up at 12 pm or later. But slowly, I ended up sleeping less and less. Nowadays, I can only sleep for 2-3 hours at most, and I end up waking every hour, and have extremely vivid dreams. I yawn throughout the day. When I do fall asleep during the day it is only for 30 mins or so, during which I have vivid dreams of me doing something or talking to someone. When I wake up I realise it was just a dream- but it was so like real life that its hard to distinguish it from reality. I also sometimes wake up drenched in sweat. I am so scared this might be fatal insomnia. What should I do? Try as I might, I cannot go off to sleep at night. I am so scared. Its as if I have lost the power to sleep. There is no history of fate insomnia in my family. But I have heard of a disease called sporadic fatal insomnia which doesn’t require a family history. I am 27 years old.
    I seem to have a similar condition, insomnia. Only got a few hours of sleep last night. Truly, it can be a very fearful thing to not be able to sleep. Anyway, I plan to buy some granular lecithin and take one or two tablespoons a day for it. Lecithin is an old 'friend' I used to take years ago. Am optimistic it will come to my rescue again.

Last edited by brixken; 05-07-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: To add a sentence.

The Following User Says Thank You to brixken For This Useful Post:
    Ashkan002 (05-07-2016)
    Closed Thread