It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• Sleepiness Post-UPPP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #1
    Thims
    (female)

Thims HB User
    Sleepiness Post-UPPP

Hi everyone! I was just wondering how long after treatment did it take you to feel "better"?
    I have had episodes sleep apnea/choking in my sleep for the better part of 20 years. I'm currently 41. When it got more frequent my husband pushed me to get a sleep study, where I was diagnosed with moderate OSA. I had a follow up study with a cpap with little improvement, and was then referred to an ENT. He told me my issue was anatomical because my tonsils were huge and my uvula and palette actually rested on my tongue. So, I did a tonsillectomy and UPPP about a month ago. From the day I came home my husband hasn't witnessed a single snore or choking episode! And, I just did another f/u sleep study and didn't have any apnea episodes and I'm actually entering stage 4. I definitely can tell I'm sleeping better, and I love going to bed without having that anxiety about choking. But, I'm having the worst daytime sleepiness now, which oddly wasn't too bad when I had OSA. For people that have had successful treatment, did it take awhile to "catch up"?
    Other than that, I'm thrilled with my surgery. The recovery wasn't fun, but it works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread