It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• YAY or NAY for a sleep study? I don't want to waste my money ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
    palm16
    (female)

palm16 HB User
    YAY or NAY for a sleep study? I don't want to waste my money ...

I have been on Ambien for 2 years and I believe I'm developing an intolerance to the medicine. I keep waking up around 3am and cannot go back to sleep. Also, if I don't take Ambien at bedtime, no matter how tired I am, I can't fall asleep.

My doctor has put me on Ambien, Ambien CR, and Lunesta. Lunesta did NOTHING for me. It didn't even phase my body.

Should I go in for a sleep study? I had one 3 years when my issue was chronic fatigue, but the results were negative. Now, I have the opposite problem.

Advice??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
    sonshinelolo
    (female)

sonshinelolo HB User
    Re: YAY or NAY for a sleep study? I don't want to waste my money ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by palm16 View Post
    I have been on Ambien for 2 years and I believe I'm developing an intolerance to the medicine. I keep waking up around 3am and cannot go back to sleep. Also, if I don't take Ambien at bedtime, no matter how tired I am, I can't fall asleep.

My doctor has put me on Ambien, Ambien CR, and Lunesta. Lunesta did NOTHING for me. It didn't even phase my body.

Should I go in for a sleep study? I had one 3 years when my issue was chronic fatigue, but the results were negative. Now, I have the opposite problem.

Advice??
    won't hurt to do sleep study. my dr wanted me to do study taking my ambien. otherwise I told him I'd just be up all nite. I've take ambein 20mg for 20 yrs. To late for me to stop now.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:19 AM   #3
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
    Re: YAY or NAY for a sleep study? I don't want to waste my money ...

Are you going to be ablessed to take your sleep aide the night of the study? I was not allowed therefore I didn't fall asleep til 2 am they woke me at 6 am and I didn't get into REM sleep and the study was worthless. Cathy

Closed Thread