It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• I have barely slept in over 5 weeks and completely losing my memory, really desperate

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-08-2016, 05:54 AM   #1
    david1234567891
    (male)

david1234567891 HB User
    I have barely slept in over 5 weeks and completely losing my memory, really desperate

Over 5 weeks ago I had a panic attack, ever since then I have pretty much completely lost the ability to sleep, my head is so numb and I feel high pressure and tension in my head all the time, feels like my head is swelling from no sleep my memory is so bad now like I mean really bad and it keeps getting worse and worse Iv'e done a lot of research on sleep and apparently it's necessary for the brain to repair, I just feel like an empty vesile now, nothing works sleeping tablets, anxiety tablets, you name it Iv'e been prescribed and tried it all, doctors just tell me it's anxiety making me think I'm loosing my memory but I just know their is something wrong I feel like I have demantia, I am just never tired, to be honest I don't know how I'm alive still, I have almost completely lost the ability to imaginative, and I am almost certain if they did a CT scan on my brain it would show extensive brain damage, I know most of you probably won't believe me, I'm at my witts end now I can't concentrate on even the most basic tasks now, another thing is I feel like my immune system has been affected, for example I have grazed my arm twice since the not sleeping started and both the grazes have turned to scars, I know this is not normal especially for me, please help me if you can, I'm really desperate now, and not sure how much longer I can go on like this, please help, thanks a lot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: I have barely slept in over 5 weeks and completely losing my memory, really despe

Have you been able to discuss or understand why you had the panic attack?

Has your doctor suggested for you to be referred to therapy?

Have you had blood testing of b vitamins and d vitamin levels? The reason is that these levels are very important in brain functioning and related to dementia. And lastly...have you recently had a chest, sinus or bladder infection?

q

Old 09-17-2016, 12:01 PM   #3
    kman34
    (male)

kman34 HB User
    Re: I have barely slept in over 5 weeks and completely losing my memory, really despe

Hi David,

Firstly I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I have experienced some disturbing sleep issues from time to time. Your case sounds serious and all I can recommend is to please go to the ER, explain them the issue as 5 weeks of little-to-no-sleep can severely impair basic body processes I hear (i am no doc, but a patient).

I'm not sure but if I'm not wrong the hospital can induce sleep so that your body gets your required rest and in the mean time perhaps you can, as other users advised above in this thread, start the therapy you need.

My prayers are with you and I really really hope you get to the bottom of it. If you need to talk I am here.
    Ksomny

Reply Reply