It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• Cannot sleep after a terrible flu

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-23-2016, 01:14 AM   #1
    vantaro
    (male)

vantaro HB User
    Cannot sleep after a terrible flu

Hello to all,

my name is Ivan. My problem started in August 2015,after a terrible flu I could not sleep normally for weeks (only 3-4 hours per night) after 1 month it passed.

Then in the end February again after a flu I could not sleep, had dizziness, headches, after that I got panic attacks(I went to a very modern scanner to colourly scan my head,had full blood examination 12 factors,went to otoneurologist(for dizziness), went to ophthalmologist(because of pain in the left eye)went to rheumatologist(because of the pain from the head to the whole neck) -----after all examinations NOTHING
    Got normal TSH and FT4
    My doctor sent me to try with psychoterapist, she prescribed me Xanax 2x0.25mg in order to get rid of this sleep disorder. I took it 2 and half months without much of effect.

And decided to stop it(I am now able to take control over the panic attacks , they are not the problem ) went to neurologist. He performed EEG and saw that my left part of the brain is "overexcited"(we are not talking about epilepsy..). I told him that I think my dizziness and terrible headache are due to my "sleep disorder" which is most probably because of a flu. He said that GabaGama 3x300mg will help me to sleep. It helped but not that much (I started sleeping for 4-5 hours per night).
    And a couple of days ago on 15.08.16 i have got another flue and all over again...
    My doctor says I am getting better from flu, but not sleeping..
    Please anybody help me, I believe it is closely related to the flu.(could be because of some inflamation in the sinuses or i did not cured my self from February?)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    flu, panic attack, sleep anxiety stress, sleep behaviors, sleep disorder