It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• Can't sleep with partner now? Big issue

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #16
    Hannah1492
    (female)

Hannah1492 HB UserHannah1492 HB User
    Re: Can't sleep with partner now? Big issue

Spacegal I've lived in very noises houses, I rent rooms. I turn on the air purifier (great white noice maker) put in ear buds and listen to relaxation meditations or rain sounds. The other option is a sofa bed, for either of you.

It's going to be an adjustment for both of you. There were many times I've thrown the cpap mask across the room. You can solve the issues but not in the middle of the night. I got a machine a few months ago. It has a ramp where you start with a low pressure (quieter) and over 45min the pressure increases (louder). The plan is that you fall asleep on the quieter low pressure. My apap machine self adjusts so it stays at the lower pressure most of the time and only increases when I need it.

Another thing I've done is gone to bed without apap then woke up at 4 hours and used it. It's easier to take when you're half asleep. I've only missed 3 full nights since 2004 when I forgot the cord on vacation. He will love the way he feels when he is sleeping better.

Ask the sleep doc or the DME to get you the quietest machine.

Woman you got this!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-06-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

« Sleep paralysis? | - »