It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• restoril and it's side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
    ftlmatt

ftlmatt HB User
    restoril and it's side effects

currently i take 300mg wellbutrin, 50mg. dexedrine and 2mg. xanax before bed to help me fall and stay asleep
    i tried 15mg restoril for a week and it gave me the craziest dreams and the whole week i felt like i was in a fog..as soon as i resumed my 2mg. xanax at night, the next day the fog cleared up!! the last time i tried restoril it did the same thing. i thought because of the short half-life this would not happen. anyone else experience this?
    even though i do not experience hangover from xanax i like to take a break every now and then to prevent tolerance and was wondering what other insomnia drugs have a short half life that would not leave me feeling tired the next day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: restoril and it's side effects

some meds suit people better than others, have you tried an occasional night with no meds?
    maybe try melatonin, it helps some sleep

Old 12-24-2004, 04:52 PM   #3
    ftlmatt

ftlmatt HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hry33
    some meds suit people better than others, have you tried an occasional night with no meds?
    maybe try melatonin, it helps some sleep
    yeah and i can't sleep lol melatonin i have tried many times and it made my depression worse...even at .5mg at bedtime

Old 12-27-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

restoril is a benzo, similar to xanax and unlikely to cause different dreams

Old 12-29-2004, 06:38 PM   #5
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

I use Zopiclone. I take half a 7.5mg tablet. My doctor said it is a good one because it allows you to come fully awake and be alert. It doesn't cause you to be "dead to the world".

Good luck.

Old 01-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ftlmatt
    currently i take 300mg wellbutrin, 50mg. dexedrine and 2mg. xanax before bed to help me fall and stay asleep
    i tried 15mg restoril for a week and it gave me the craziest dreams and the whole week i felt like i was in a fog..as soon as i resumed my 2mg. xanax at night, the next day the fog cleared up!! the last time i tried restoril it did the same thing. i thought because of the short half-life this would not happen. anyone else experience this?
    even though i do not experience hangover from xanax i like to take a break every now and then to prevent tolerance and was wondering what other insomnia drugs have a short half life that would not leave me feeling tired the next day
    Wellbutrin and dexedrine are absolutely horrible for people with insomnia. You're talking adrenaline and stimulants here. And insomnia is terrible for depression and other mood problems. I don't know what else to say.

Closed Thread