It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• Seroquel and Sertraline = ZzzZzzZzz?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
    Puppet Master
    (female)

Puppet Master HB User
    Seroquel and Sertraline = ZzzZzzZzz?

I was seeing a lady for my sleeping problems and she prescribed Sertraline and later on, Seroquel. I forget the dosage for the former, but I was prescribed 50mg of Seroquel per night and was told to double it if it didn't work. She said it would help relax me and put me to sleep.

Long story short, I ended the medication because of negative side effects and poor performance. It was only long after that I realized that the brand name for Sertraline is Zoloft, a powerful anti-depressant, and Seroquel is used for people suffering from psychosis and severe anxiety disorders.

It may be of interest to note that she was constantly suggesting that I had depression (not true), and I made a point of telling her that I would not take medication for a disorder I did not have.

My question is this: in small doses, are Sertraline and Seroquel good sleep medications, enough so that her prescription would be justified? Or should I be super ****** off?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
    snapdragon928
    (female)

snapdragon928 HB User
    Re: Seroquel and Sertraline = ZzzZzzZzz?

seroquel is used to help people sleep sometimes. I don't know about the zoloft, it made me spacy and jittery, I had to keep moving all the time with it. It was given for depression and I can't imagine it as a sleep aid but I could be wrong. I would research the med on the web, just type sleep and zoloft into google and see what you get.

Last edited by snapdragon928; 02-02-2009 at 03:56 AM.

Closed Thread